Gransnet forums

News & politics

Trump Organisation

(54 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Dec-22 05:55:55

Found guilty on ALL counts of tax fraud.

This is just the beginning.

On a separate issue the Democrats have won control of the senate.

Boz Wed 07-Dec-22 16:50:23

imaround

Whitewavemark2

People are going to have to go some to be up there with Trump😄😄😄

Here is a list

FBI - investigating Trump for removing ultra top secret stuff from the White House, plus other classified stuff. Why on Earth would you do that except for nefarious reasons?

US revenue investigation.

Capital Hill attack 6th January

Fraud concerning the money he raised to so call fight the claim that he won the election. $250million was diverted for his personal use.

Georgia election tampering - going on very nicely - as Trump would say😄

New York criminal enquiry - to do with fraud again, and Trump false valuation of his property.

New York attorney general civil enquiry. - relating to fraud.

Rape case - E Jean Carroll

It is sad that there are major players in the US throughout history that the IRS took down.

I have hopes that Trump will be charged with treason and dealt with accordingly, but I know that will never happen.

I have long maintained that it will be the IRS that ruin his life.

Jail time. Major fees and fines. They do not care who it is.

Didn't they get Al Capone this way

M0nica Wed 07-Dec-22 17:07:30

It is not Trump who has been convicted, nor are his personal tax forms available. It is all about his company, so it is a corporate crime not a personal one, so it is the company in trou le not him.

I said he was as slippery as a barrel load of eels. Once again, he has slipped the leash.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Dec-22 17:35:41

Boz

imaround

Whitewavemark2

People are going to have to go some to be up there with Trump😄😄😄

Here is a list

FBI - investigating Trump for removing ultra top secret stuff from the White House, plus other classified stuff. Why on Earth would you do that except for nefarious reasons?

US revenue investigation.

Capital Hill attack 6th January

Fraud concerning the money he raised to so call fight the claim that he won the election. $250million was diverted for his personal use.

Georgia election tampering - going on very nicely - as Trump would say😄

New York criminal enquiry - to do with fraud again, and Trump false valuation of his property.

New York attorney general civil enquiry. - relating to fraud.

Rape case - E Jean Carroll

It is sad that there are major players in the US throughout history that the IRS took down.

I have hopes that Trump will be charged with treason and dealt with accordingly, but I know that will never happen.

I have long maintained that it will be the IRS that ruin his life.

Jail time. Major fees and fines. They do not care who it is.

Didn't they get Al Capone this way

The message then -

Be honest about your tax.

Then you won’t come under the revenue scrutiny.

Simple.

Whitewavemark2 Wed 07-Dec-22 17:38:01

M0nica

It is not Trump who has been convicted, nor are his personal tax forms available. It is all about his company, so it is a corporate crime not a personal one, so it is the company in trou le not him.

I said he was as slippery as a barrel load of eels. Once again, he has slipped the leash.

Trump has been forced to give up his tax forms for scrutiny.

He is being held responsible for absconding with classified documents and rape and election tampering plus the 6th January etc.

So,plenty to get him as an individual.

🤞🤞🤞

Norah Wed 07-Dec-22 17:40:32

Boz Didn't they get Al Capone this way

Yes. The US Federal Government received convictions for tax evasion and Al Capone went to prison over those convictions.

In reading the NY Times this morning, this is only a NY State fraud conviction for the Trump company, not for Trump himself.

Casdon Wed 07-Dec-22 17:43:54

M0nica

Did you read the Conviction by jury vs. witch hunt section in the CNN analysis piece Monica, that indicates he is not off the hook regarding the tax fraud of his family business.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Dec-22 05:54:17

The FBI have now found more top secret classified documents in a storage unit owned by Trump to add to the stuff found at his Florida address.

Why on earth has he stolen these documents?

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Dec-22 06:04:48

CNN report

BREAKING: The Jan. 6 committee will recommend to the DOJ that Donald Trump be criminally charged.

M0nica Thu 08-Dec-22 07:23:50

I was reporting what I read either on BBC News or i or DM.

M0nica Thu 08-Dec-22 07:29:00

I won't believe he has finally been nailed for tax dodging etc, until I see him released from prison having served his sentence.

His capacity for evading responsibility for his actions, is record breaking. Time and again we have 'got him' moments, only to find a few seconds later that, no we haven't.

Believe me, I am as keen to see this guy go down, as anyone. It is just I will not believe it is happening until it has happened.

Galaxy Thu 08-Dec-22 07:40:49

I agree Monica. I doubt he will be serving any sentences for any crime.
For example the allegations about sexual assaults have been floating around for years and years. Perhaps others are optimists about this. I am not so sure.

Norah Thu 08-Dec-22 14:21:55

Whitewavemark2

The FBI have now found more top secret classified documents in a storage unit owned by Trump to add to the stuff found at his Florida address.

My guess? Either to hide his own wrong actions or to use against others for their wrong actions. Wrong being illegal.

DaisyAnne Thu 08-Dec-22 14:53:06

Urmstongran

Now look into Hunter Biden’s laptop.

Why?

Quokka Thu 08-Dec-22 15:12:56

WT? has Hunter Biden got to do with Trump?

DaisyAnne Thu 08-Dec-22 15:17:32

Whitewavemark2

He wants to destroy the US constitution as well.😮

The man is an absolute menace.

There are people who want to destroy our (uncodified) constitution as well. There are supporters of it's destruction on this forum. This is allowing/will allow the destruction of our human rights. Their aim is just the same as the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, and Three Percenters, Trumps MAGA lot who are all out to destroy the American constitution.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Dec-22 15:18:07

Norah

Whitewavemark2

My guess? Either to hide his own wrong actions or to use against others for their wrong actions. Wrong being illegal.

The documents are so highly classified that they must never be removed from the WH nor destroyed.

So it won’t be about Trumps behaviour, but much more likely to be about foreign countries and intelligence.

My question is - what was Trump doing with this information.

He is like a fifth columnist.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Dec-22 15:19:40

DaisyAnne

Whitewavemark2

He wants to destroy the US constitution as well.😮

The man is an absolute menace.

There are people who want to destroy our (uncodified) constitution as well. There are supporters of it's destruction on this forum. This is allowing/will allow the destruction of our human rights. Their aim is just the same as the Oath Keepers, the Proud Boys, and Three Percenters, Trumps MAGA lot who are all out to destroy the American constitution.

Yes, and that lot had links to the German conspiracy apparently.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Dec-22 15:22:18

Jared Kushner is now under investigation by two Congressional Committees for “improperly influencing U.S. tax, trade and national security policies”

DaisyAnne Thu 08-Dec-22 15:26:27

I hadn't caught up with that Whitewave. It doesn't surprise me though. You just have to look back to this country in the 1930s and those who supported Hitler.

Anyone supporting extremists should know who the extremists are looking to for guidance and what those people are aiming for.

Norah Fri 09-Dec-22 14:03:37

Interesting compilation, From the NYTimes:

"Donald Trump and His Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad 3 Weeks...

For the former president, who raced to announce his third run for the White House in hopes of clearing the Republican field, the losses, legal setbacks and embarrassments are rapidly piling up.

Donald J. Trump’s unusually early announcement of a third presidential campaign was aimed in part at clearing the Republican field for 2024, but his first three weeks as a candidate have undercut that goal, highlighting his vulnerabilities and giving considerable ammunition to those in the G.O.P. arguing to turn the page on him.

Since emerging from the November election with a string of humiliating losses to show for his pretensions to be a midterm kingmaker, Mr. Trump has entertained a leading white supremacist and a celebrity antisemite at his South Florida mansion.

He has suggested terminating the Constitution — the one that a president swears to preserve, protect and defend — in furtherance of his long-running lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

His business was just convicted on all 17 counts in a tax-fraud case in New York City.

And his handpicked candidate for the Senate in Georgia — Herschel Walker, the football star Mr. Trump employed in a brief stint as a pro football team owner in the 1980s — went down to defeat Tuesday night after a campaign that will be remembered as a string of scandals and self-inflicted wounds."

varian Fri 09-Dec-22 21:26:40

Is the Republikan party about to dump Trump?

M0nica Sat 10-Dec-22 08:48:45

varian wishful thinking, I fear.

MaizieD Sat 10-Dec-22 09:20:04

There are people who want to destroy our (uncodified) constitution as well. There are supporters of it's destruction on this forum.

Who are they, DaisyAnne?

DaisyAnne Sat 10-Dec-22 14:00:09

I wonder if they could dump him varian. He's rather like a tick attached to their skin and sucking the good (whatever that is) out of them.

Norah Sat 10-Dec-22 14:42:50

Simple, really. He appears to understand politics better than his opponents. Unfortunately his views seem to have been justified.