Gransnet forums

News & politics

What is wrong with this government?

(59 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Thu 08-Dec-22 13:48:47

Lindsay Hoyle is forced to suspend the House because the Government has failed to provide the transcript of its full statement to the opposition. This is against the ministerial code.

"This is not the way we do good government."
Lindsay Hoyle.

We so need an election.

Grantanow Sat 10-Dec-22 16:30:56

The trouble with this Tory government is that Sunak has had to scrape the barrel to appoint Ministers and that after Truss scraped the barrel. They need a long period in the wilderness while Labour get on with running the country. Hunt's proposal to relax banking regulations is dangerous and presenting it as a Brexit opportunity is ridiculous.

Doodledog Sat 10-Dec-22 16:37:08

Shylindyloo

I didn’t realise this Forum was so political.

I would say give Rishi a chance.

Heaven forfend if Stammer gets in at next GE

Shylindyloo
I didn’t realise this Forum was so political.

You are in the News and Politics forum grin

Doodledog Sat 10-Dec-22 16:58:20

Sorry - that's been said a hundred times! I was working through the thread and posted prematurely.

Mikkima Sat 10-Dec-22 19:41:45

17hrs later! Give them credit, they did call twice in that time to see if we still wanted an ambulance, but as nothing had changed....
21hrs in we are waiting to see orthopedics, but with this icy weather we wont hold our breath. Its broken in 2 places. And no one realised she hadnt had any pain relief for two hours! The corridors are full, the staff demoralised but trying their best and Im torn between sympathy and understanding or anger because my little girl was in pain and 'forgotten about'.

Iam64 Sun 11-Dec-22 09:06:41

Not so Shylindyloo 😏

Dickens Sun 11-Dec-22 09:16:15

Doodledog

Sorry - that's been said a hundred times! I was working through the thread and posted prematurely.

I did the same - Shylindyloo must be fed up with us pointing this out!

But, there is nothing wrong with being so political on a forum dedicated to news & politics. We could, of course, just discuss the news without the politics, there are some news stories that are not related. But an OP titled "what is wrong with this government" is, ahem, going to get a bit political grin.

Luckygirl3 Sun 11-Dec-22 11:08:58

Mikkima - I hope that things are sorted now.

DaisyAnne Sun 11-Dec-22 11:09:22

Whitewavemark2

Lindsay Hoyle is forced to suspend the House because the Government has failed to provide the transcript of its full statement to the opposition. This is against the ministerial code.

"This is not the way we do good government."
Lindsay Hoyle.

We so need an election.

Perhaps the challenge is that they don't believe in government?

I agree about the election but we may be waiting for a while.