Gransnet forums

News & politics

Putin, Trump and Ukraine

(37 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Sat 13-May-23 06:23:03

Trump has indicated that if he wins the election, he will cease America’s involvement in the Ukraine war.

This must be now Putin’s focus. The war of attrition appeared to be extending into the foreseeable future for Putin , but now Trump has offered him a let out clause.

I suspect that Putin will be assisting Trump as much as he can to win the election.

This would be an utter disaster for Europe and the U.K.

Casdon Wed 14-Jun-23 22:13:47

Callistemon21

It's crocheted on!

I’m hoping that’s not your secret job, as Donald Trump’s toupee join crocheter- you could have told us before!

Callistemon21 Wed 14-Jun-23 22:58:32

😂😂😂
The Sewing Bee contestants were making garments from crocheted items this evening.
I'm sure one of them used Donald's toupee

They didn't win garment of the week.

Callistemon21 Wed 14-Jun-23 23:11:55

Sorry, please return to the OP.

I just hope that the Republican party decide that he is too toxic, even for them, and that they let him go down for at least some of his many crimes.

There are several Republicans who are speaking out against him now. Let's hope the tide is turning.
However, he appears to have an extremely devoted following in some sectors of the public.

maddyone Wed 14-Jun-23 23:31:42

I cannot even begin to see what his devoted followers see in him.
Are we all missing something?
No, I think not!

My father in law used to wear a toupee. One Christmas we were playing Pictionary when a young guest had to draw a toupee. She didn’t know what it was and my father in law took her into another room and lifted up his toupee to show her.
She had to choose another card.

Anyway, as you were.

Callistemon21 Wed 14-Jun-23 23:53:50

We knew someone who did but it used to slip and looked so false it was ridiculous. Poor man, he would have looked so much better without it.

I believe that Donald's bouffant hair is all his own, though.

As you were.

nanna8 Thu 15-Jun-23 09:55:03

A lot of people continue to support Trump. Another country, another way of looking at things. It just illustrates to me how very, very different the USA is from other parts of the world. The Southern Baptists are behind him and there are many of them, they have a lot of influence.

NanaDana Thu 15-Jun-23 10:53:20

Every move that Trump makes in relation to Putin seems to shout out that Vlad has a dossier on Donald, dating back many years, which if made public would burn Trump to the ground. He may try to dress his stance up as old-fashioned "America first" isolationism, and as a move which would save the Treasury billions... which it would... but at its root it's purely based on self-preservation. The man has no moral compass whatsoever, and will lie, mislead, dissemble, whatever it takes to pursue his own private, self-obsessed agenda. What worries me most is that Biden is not a strong candidate for re-election. Surely the Democrats can come up with someone more appropriate. They may have left it too late.

Fleurpepper Sat 17-Jun-23 08:38:32

You forgot Johnson in your title WWM2- up to his neck with Russian Oligarchs and their money laundering, and probably being blackmailed by Lebedev and co.

Fleurpepper Sat 17-Jun-23 12:59:36

Where is the Russia report? Where is the info on bunga bunga parties with KGB agents, without security and against all official advice. Johnson is up to his neck in Russian dirty money and politics, and so few seem concerned, somehow.

Fleurpepper Sat 17-Jun-23 13:01:37

www.facebook.com/JonDanzigWrites/videos/1298316087766681

MayBee70 Sat 17-Jun-23 13:32:14

Fleurpepper

Where is the Russia report? Where is the info on bunga bunga parties with KGB agents, without security and against all official advice. Johnson is up to his neck in Russian dirty money and politics, and so few seem concerned, somehow.

I don’t think that many people understand that many current events have links to that. Brexit and even Ukraine.