Gransnet forums

Pedants' corner

Children in shopping trollies

(230 Posts)
MollyAA12 Tue 06-Apr-21 13:56:44

Does anyone else get mad at seeing children sitting inside shopping trollies.

After successful lobbying at Waitrose I got this knocked on the head. However, at Tesco I regularly see kids in nappies and outside shoes sitting in trollies. This is so dangerous Even without the virus, sputum, dog wee and dog poo contain horrible bacteria. When I have complained the assistants say they will not approach mothers with children in trollies. I even wrote to Tesco head office many years ago and had a reply saying that this would be stopped. Laugh out loud.

I did speak to a mother once and she told me p off.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 11-Apr-21 19:28:08

To be honest I don’t like to see it when the children are hanging off the sides of supermarket trolleys, I’ve seen them underneath standing inside you name it ,

Hithere Sun 11-Apr-21 19:30:11

Sorry to say to say your purses are dirtier than a toilet

www.google.com/amp/s/www.goodhousekeeping.com/uk/news/amp561610/your-handbag-is-dirtier-than-a-toilet/

Callistemon Sun 11-Apr-21 19:56:58

shock

Actually, that's why you should never put your handbag on a table eg in a café!

jamky Fri 11-Jun-21 02:50:41

I am on the same page. Why is it someones concern that my child/grandchild is in the trolley? If he/she is still a baby and can't walk? And i don't have a stroller with me? Should i carry him/her in my arms and do shopping at the same time cause some stranger thinks that trolleys are filthy?