Gransnet forums

Pedants' corner

Children in shopping trollies

(229 Posts)
suziewoozie Tue 06-Apr-21 14:32:47

Another argument in favour of online supermarket shopping ? ( which I am never going to relinquish)

FannyCornforth Tue 06-Apr-21 14:30:47

Yes, it's utterly revolting
Well done for your campaign against it!

Redhead56 Tue 06-Apr-21 14:19:43

I did a hygiene course the dirtiest objects in shops and retail were found to be shopping trollies. (No I don't have the source of info it was two years ago). Tests carried out in random shops produced results that were shocking. Excrement sperm pubic hairs phelgm it doesn't bare thinking about. I agree children should not be sitting in them. The next dirtiest objects were high chairs the same bacteria was found on them too.

MollyAA12 Tue 06-Apr-21 13:56:44

Does anyone else get mad at seeing children sitting inside shopping trollies.

After successful lobbying at Waitrose I got this knocked on the head. However, at Tesco I regularly see kids in nappies and outside shoes sitting in trollies. This is so dangerous Even without the virus, sputum, dog wee and dog poo contain horrible bacteria. When I have complained the assistants say they will not approach mothers with children in trollies. I even wrote to Tesco head office many years ago and had a reply saying that this would be stopped. Laugh out loud.

I did speak to a mother once and she told me p off.