Gransnet forums

Pets

Excited, I might have a new dog!

(48 Posts)
glassortwo Thu 09-May-13 13:38:13

I have been to see a red cocker spaniel who is being rehomed called Norman, he is gorgeous but needs more attention than his old owners could give him. I have to take the GC to see him tonight. I am so excited!!!

susieb755 Thu 09-May-13 22:05:44

Congrats - nothing like a dog to lift the spirit ! we get another one in 5 weeks - can't wait smile

moomin Thu 09-May-13 22:09:20

grin glass

merlotgran Thu 09-May-13 22:09:48

It's so exciting buying all the new things......What are we like? smile

vegasmags Thu 09-May-13 22:25:08

I get the feeling that Norman has found a very soft billet grin

NfkDumpling Thu 09-May-13 22:48:04

Very fond of all spaniels. How old is he?

yogagran Thu 09-May-13 23:02:08

Congratulations glass on your new family member. How exciting for you and how very lucky for Norman. I'm sure that you'll have lots of fun together. Keep us posted

glammanana Fri 10-May-13 06:59:06

So pleased to hear your good news glass I bet you are so so excited and your DGCs will be bursting at the seams waiting for him to come home,lots of photo's please as soon as he settles in.(bone emotion for Norman)

gillybob Fri 10-May-13 07:04:26

Glass Congratulations on your new addition Norman Cocker I bet the kids are soooooo excited. smile

glassortwo Fri 10-May-13 07:44:16

Norman is 4 they think, dont think I have slept, and the kids are about 50,000 ft this morning....... got to phone at 9 to tell them we want him smile so excited grin

gillybob Fri 10-May-13 07:46:46

I do hope he doesn't turn out to be a "naughty Norman" Glass grin

glassortwo Fri 10-May-13 07:48:42

Well the colouring is the same gilly grin I have a bit of a soft spot for naughty Norman smile

moomin Fri 10-May-13 07:54:12

I was going to post that I bet you didn't sleep much last night glass ! How exciting! No wonder the DGC are hyper this morning smile How exciting!

gillybob Fri 10-May-13 07:59:27

Will you be bringing him home today glass? the children won't be able to concentrate at school for excitement . The school day is so long when there is a new dog waiting at home. smile

glassortwo Fri 10-May-13 08:01:02

I hope so gilly grin

Ariadne Fri 10-May-13 09:13:32

Photos, please, glass when you get Norman home! I can feel your excitement. smile

gillybob Fri 10-May-13 10:13:39

You must start a diary Glass The life and times of Norman Cocker I can see it going to the top of the best sellers ! grin

Grannygreyhips Fri 10-May-13 11:23:17

Cockers are great glassortwo! I have a black one called Hamish and a new little black and tan one called Bonnie who's only two weeks old. Getting her in July and I can't wait. Cockers are such gorgeous dogs and so gentle. Hamish just adores our 8 month old GS. Your GC will be delighted with Norman and Norman with your GC. Enjoy!!

NfkDumpling Fri 10-May-13 11:45:00

We had a black - he started to calm down a bit when he got to four, but never did realise he was a dog.

Marelli Fri 10-May-13 12:14:53

glass - brilliant! Norman will be over the moon with all the company - and children (!!!) and TOYS and a seatbelt for the CAR!!! grin Bless him!
DH's brother and his family had a cocker spaniel called Daniel - and he used to hmm love getting dressed up in a school cap and blazer....grin (Daniel - not DH's brother).

HUNTERF Fri 10-May-13 16:37:31

glassortwo

I am sure if one member of the family likes the dog the rest will.
I saw the vet walking Peter his new Cairn Terrier this morning.
You forget how small they are.
The vet is a lot happier and Peter seems happy with his new owner even though he is a vet.
I did ask him why he named a Cairn Terrier Peter and he said the children wanted that name before they knew the breed.
I know some Indians who call their Cairn Abdul. I know it is not a Scottish name but I think he is looked after and well loved which is the main thing.

Frank

Marelli Fri 10-May-13 16:41:40

Oh Frank...that really cheered me up! grin

jennycockerspaniel Sat 11-May-13 23:22:51

I was brought up with a golden cocker and have had one and now have a black and tan they are so clever affectionate and make you smile. There is a forum col which all our cocker spaniel lovers post on and are so helpful and friendly Welcome home Normanx