Gransnet forums

Pets

Any one got a psychic budgie?

(13 Posts)
kittylester Tue 18-Jun-13 13:12:42

Just that really!!

Nelliemoser Tue 18-Jun-13 13:45:08

I have two budgies I don't know if they are psychic. Are you ok there Kitty Or would you like to enlighten us about that question?? grin

I will just go and ask Barry and Graham.

Bags Tue 18-Jun-13 13:59:11

I just googled "psychic budgies". Oh. My. Gawd! grin

MiceElf Tue 18-Jun-13 14:02:58

I used to have a psychic cat. Really I did. She could read my mind. And my family's minds too. She knew when the best meals were coming. She knew when someone didn't like her in spite of the smiles. And she always knew when the neighbour's dog was in the garden.

Elegran Tue 18-Jun-13 14:05:06

Nellie Perhaps you could enroll them for lessons. Judging by the Google results they could be hatching a gold-mine.

Elegran Tue 18-Jun-13 14:06:49

Cats and dogs are really good at reading body language, MiceElf They would be handy for spy interrogations (if they were not distracted by catnip mice or cries of "walkies")

MiceElf Tue 18-Jun-13 14:22:07

Ah yes, the catnip mouse! I used to find that deposited on my pillow.

Elegran Tue 18-Jun-13 14:40:33

The thoughtful cat taking care of his dependents. DD had a cat who used to bring her decapitated mice, until he realised that she was definitely not impressed. Then he switched to bringing her dried bread crusts. She decided to act grateful, in case he went back to giving her a diet of mice.

Don't know whether he deduced from her reaction that mice were not acceptable, or used his psychic powers.

NfkDumpling Tue 18-Jun-13 20:44:10

kitty - how did you happen to be looking up psychic budgies? confused

gracesmum Tue 18-Jun-13 21:07:59

You'd be amazed, NFK!!

MiceElf Tue 18-Jun-13 21:27:37

Once, we returned from hols to a very bad smell in the bedroom. It got worse. I cleaned everywhere, flung the doors open and so on snd so on. It got worse. In the end my husband shifted the furniture to find a decaying mouse underneath the wardrobe. Puss declined to tell us how it had got there. She must have known.

annodomini Tue 18-Jun-13 21:36:32

This has to be the craziest OP ever. Unless someone can tell us otherwise?

petallus Tue 18-Jun-13 21:59:28

I have a rabbit (who roams the garden at will). He is psychic. Recently he had a sore bottom and I had to swab it in a special liquid every night. As soon as I started even thinking I had better start collecting up the little bowl, cotton wool and disposable gloves, he would disappear behind a bush somewhere.