Gransnet forums

Pets

dog poop

(46 Posts)
Lessismore Sat 27-Jul-19 21:12:51

If you have a dog, does poop come into your house?

BrandyButter Sun 28-Jul-19 16:54:42

sodapop maybe her only question is about the poop as she has already answered any others which I am sure she has already thought about. Yes, dogs do bring poop into the house sometimes. My friend has a long haired dog which is neither old or ill and sometimes has traces of poop on its rear end where the poop has exited, she just wipes it with a wet wipe. I think your concerns are perfectly valid as a potential dog-owner who still requires a clean home. Yes, outdoor shoes contain traces of dog poo regardless if your a dog owner or not, as does grass where people sit or children play or pavements where people have picked up the dog mess but obviously not used cleaner to remove every trace. In Japan and other countries it is seen as the height of bad manners to enter anybody's home with outside shoes on. I do not find your question odd, what I do find odd is the number of odd people who feel it is their right to be so judgemental to another Gransnet.

H1954 Sun 28-Jul-19 17:03:13

?????? Oh Lessimore, poop on the dogs rear end, this is making me chuckle!

I understand your logic though and it's good to do the reasearch before committing to have a dog. Such a shame that not everyone shares your responsible attitude too. Even though it's an offence to allow a dog to foul and not clean it up some time considerate morons still leave it festering on the pavements for unsuspecting pedestrians to tread in!

My greatest gripe is CAT POO! Two dollops on the front garden today and to add insult to injury the ****** cat had diarrhoea! ??????

dragonfly46 Sun 28-Jul-19 17:11:02

I don't think you should have a dog. There are so many other things involved in having a dog and if you are stumbling at the first hurdle I would not recommend it.

How about looking after someone else's dog for a couple of weeks and you will see what is involved.

Lessismore Sun 28-Jul-19 17:13:39

Thanks for your ideas . I am going to apply to the Cinnamon Trust.

Lessismore Sun 28-Jul-19 17:16:46

Thanks Brandy, it's not so nice on here these days.

NanaandGrampy Sun 28-Jul-19 19:01:58

I don’t think anyone would have found this a weird question if only the OP had bothered to fill in a few more details? Given some background ?

I personally thought it was some sort of joke !

sodapop Sun 28-Jul-19 19:56:09

Concerned about the dog BrandyButter which is neither odd nor judgemental in my opinion.

Lessismore Sun 28-Jul-19 20:08:42

How can you be concerned about a non existent dog?

Minniemoo Sun 28-Jul-19 20:08:46

Isn't poop everywhere? In tiny amounts on door knobs and keyboards. I've always had dogs and they don't tend to poop inside unless pups or old/poorly. Dogs are wonderful companions. Friends of mine who had never had dogs decided to get a spaniel once their children had flown the nest and their only regret is not having one during the children's childhood. Definitely a good idea to 'borrow' one if you're not sure though.

Labaik Sun 28-Jul-19 20:32:35

elizasnan; glad it's not just me that has to use a pooper scooper to pick up my dogs poo. Much as I love her the thought of having my hand inside a bag scooping up warm poo gives me the shudders! I do have several pairs of crocs that are for indoor and outdoor use, the plan being that I don't get them mixed up, but I invariably do. But at least, unlike shoes, I can wash them on a regular basis.

Witzend Sun 28-Jul-19 21:06:16

When we had a dog, yes, but only in that I'd pick up the poo outside (sandwich bag used as glove plus kitchen roll) and flush it down the loo once home.

My hyper-squeamish mother had a fit when she found out that we did this. To me it made perfect sense, but to her, human poo was 'clean', dog ditto was not.

Hetty58 Sun 28-Jul-19 21:22:05

I've always had dogs and cats and yes, they can bring traces of poop indoors. I don't wash or wipe their bums and feet every time they come in. It doesn't worry me. We have indoor and outdoor shoes as that's how I was brought up.

Mawboonsbrack, I was simply answering your question about your shoes with my reply and see no reason for your confusion. I suspect that anyone asking the OPs question may not enjoy owning a dog and might view it as a health hazard.

Obviously, anyone who wears the same shoes outdoors and inside doesn't need to fret about what an animal might bring in.

sodapop Sun 28-Jul-19 21:56:53

Well you are obviously concerned about faecal traces from the non existent dog
Lessismore

DanniRae Mon 29-Jul-19 08:15:25

Don't get a dog Lessismore - please!

I'm going to be gross now - WARNING!!
The worst bit about picking up dog poo in the park is when you realise it's cold and so not your dogs poo - yuk shock

Hetty58 Mon 29-Jul-19 09:51:15

I often have that problem DanniRae. So much is just left there that it's a case of 'Which one/s did she do?' and a close inspection to try to identify the fresh one!

Lessismore Mon 29-Jul-19 10:23:10

But how can you worry about potential faecal traces of a potential dog sodapop?

Anja Mon 29-Jul-19 10:39:49

Please do not get a dog Lessusmore

EllanVannin Mon 29-Jul-19 10:49:48

Or a fluffy cat either or you could end up using scissors to cut " affected " fur from its backside.
There's more to keeping an animal than just feeding and looking after it. They throw up too now and again.

Lessismore Mon 29-Jul-19 11:13:32

You can all breathe a huge sigh of relief. Doggy is not coming chez Less.

TrendyNannie6 Fri 06-Dec-19 14:30:52

Well that’s a relief as I didn’t understand the post anyway Does poop come into your house