Gransnet forums

Pets

Oliver went Missing

(20 Posts)
glammanana Mon 14-Oct-19 14:24:20

My British Blue Oliver went missing on Saturday sending me into a panic wondering what had happened to him,he ventures next door to the neighbours both sides but they hadn't seen him from Saturday afternoon.
I spent the evening knocking on doors and again yesterday worded a poster to give out,then just as I was going out to post them up he came strolling in demanding food as though nothing was wrong he is now fast asleep on my bed purring away very content.

Alima Mon 14-Oct-19 14:25:55

He is a beautiful cat. So pleased he is home!

SueDonim Mon 14-Oct-19 14:29:37

Oliver, you're a norty boy! :stern look:

I'm glad he's home safe and sound. smile We have two Russian Blues, both daft as brushes. They don't go out, it's too scary out there! grin

merlotgran Mon 14-Oct-19 14:33:55

Wow! He's a handsome cat. My farm moggie would swoon at the sight.

And probably try to impress him with the gift of a dead rat!! grin

Gonegirl Mon 14-Oct-19 14:35:23

Aww, he looks so cuddly. Glad he is safe.

sharon103 Mon 14-Oct-19 14:42:38

Aww so glad Oliver came home. He's gorgeous. smile

Charleygirl5 Mon 14-Oct-19 15:08:42

He is seriously handsome and I have a feeling he knows it!
They have no idea what they do to us, do they?

humptydumpty Mon 14-Oct-19 15:09:19

What a beautiful, woolly, cuddly cat - very happy he's back with you!

Auntieflo Mon 14-Oct-19 15:54:16

So glad that your gorgeous boy is back home Glammanana.
We used to have one when I lived at home, Smokey, but always called Pudd.!

PageTurner Mon 14-Oct-19 16:13:56

So happy that Oliver is back home. He is a beautiful cat.

Barberdice Mon 14-Oct-19 16:21:07

Oh he is gorgeous! So pleased he came home to you safe and sound.

52bright Mon 14-Oct-19 16:24:36

Oh wow!! I am a doggie person but I just love your cat. Such a handsome boy. Glad he is safely home.

shysal Mon 14-Oct-19 17:19:10

So pleased he came home. I find the best way to bring them back is to spend time making posters and leaflets. My cats have always appeared on the same day too!

Nortsat46 Mon 14-Oct-19 18:00:53

Glammanana so pleased to hear he has returned.

He is beautiful and I agree with Charleygirl5 that he probably knows it. I imagine him sashaying around the neighbourhood being admired (and possibly given food/treats) by all and sundry.

shysal grin grin

blondenana Mon 14-Oct-19 18:06:48

I used to have a british shorthair called Bluebell,they have lovely natures,sadly lost her about 5 years ago,
She was a housecat,but allowed in the garden with me

phoenix Mon 14-Oct-19 18:35:32

Oliver, you are a very, very naughty (but gorgeous) boy!

Oliver Sprout does this occasionally, worries me senseless, then turns up sooooo nonchalant, tail in the air, as if nothing could possibly be amiss. hmm

Little git!

trisher Mon 14-Oct-19 18:41:30

He spent the night on the tiles glammanana goodness knows what he got up to! So pleased he is back, but now he's got a taste for it you might have more late nights. (sorry)

Alexa Mon 14-Oct-19 18:47:11

He's gorgeous, Gammanana! Isn't it the most horrid feeling when your precious animal friend is missing. It must really put up our blood pressures.

glammanana Tue 15-Oct-19 10:44:15

The little sod hasn't ventured out since he came home he has just chased the poor dog about and given her no peace at all.
I have a feeling he snook into next door neighbours shed and made himself comfy for the night his cat flap was open so he had access to get back indoors.
Thanks for your lovely comments he certainly knows he is a handsome chap,neighbours call him Oliver the Great with him being so big.

grandtanteJE65 Tue 15-Oct-19 16:27:37

They frighten you to death every time they pull that stunt, don't they?

So glad Oliver came home wondering what all the fuss was about.