Gransnet forums

Pets

I have 2 kittens 3 months old from the same litter

(51 Posts)
ruff74 Sun 02-Aug-20 04:20:42

I need help about a month ago I got 2 kittens from the same litter. They are both females. I had to borrow a kennel from my grandma because there not listening and everything I read wasn't helping. Today after i had put one in the kennel I noticed that one was trying to sleep and the other one was chewing on her by her legs and this wasn't like a love bite you could hear her chewing. I checked her over there wasn't any blood but her skin was completely soaked in that area. Is this normal or should I be concerned?

ruff74 Sun 02-Aug-20 15:17:09

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Callistemon Sun 02-Aug-20 15:19:03

PinkCakes

Callistemon I really don't like dog cages - I know you say that they are to give a dog a place of refuge, but some ignorant owners use a cage to keep a dog in so that it won't climb onto the settee/make a mess anywhere/chew the furniture etc. I used to occasionally help my friend with her dog-walking and pet-sitting business, and the number of dogs that were kept in a cage whilst the owner was out at work all day used to upset me so much.

The OP sounds young/inexperienced/thick (delete where appropriate)

Wind the bobbin up
as appropriate.

I know what you mean, PinkCakes. I think if used properly they are ok as the only ones I've seen have been used as a refuge not a prison.

TrendyNannie6 Sun 02-Aug-20 15:19:50

Hopefully it’s a stupid wind up post, since she /he hasn’t come back, amazing really the things that float some people boats

Callistemon Sun 02-Aug-20 15:20:20

Oh dear.
Having a tantie.

I think the OP must live abroad somewhere.
$$$$$

Callistemon Sun 02-Aug-20 15:21:03

Poor cats

BlueBelle Sun 02-Aug-20 15:57:13

ruff74

you know what why dont all of you go F@@@ off . I know how to handle cats no there not kept in a kennel all the F@@@ing time what I mean by not listening is destroying my curtains getting on the table shredding my money Sh@t like that you all might not care about losing hundreds of dollars because of your cats I DO. BYE NOT USING THIS DUMB FORUM AGAIN AND YES BEFORE YOU EVEN GO THERE I DO HAVE CAT TOYS A SCRATCH POST AND A 2 BED TOWER SCRATCH THING!

you know what why dont all of you go F@@@ off . I know how to handle cats no there not kept in a kennel all the F@@@ing time what I mean by not listening is destroying my curtains getting on the table shredding my money Sh@t like that you all might not care about losing hundreds of dollars because of your cats I DO. BYE NOT USING THIS DUMB FORUM AGAIN AND YES BEFORE YOU EVEN GO THERE I DO HAVE CAT TOYS A SCRATCH POST AND A 2 BED TOWER SCRATCH THING!

trendynanny she has come back stamping her little feet and telling us all to f@@@ off
So I suggest we do just that and leave her to have her little temper tantrum whilst her hundreds of dollars are shredded by her poor little kittens

BlueBelle Sun 02-Aug-20 15:57:40

Whoops sorry that got copied twice oops

Sparklefizz Sun 02-Aug-20 17:59:31

ruff74 They are KITTENS, for goodness sake! That is what kittens do!

PinkCakes Sun 02-Aug-20 19:00:54

Aw, bless her. Her expensive curtains are being scratched by kittens that she doesn't know what to do with. Diddums then.

Sparklefizz Sun 02-Aug-20 19:38:50

ruff74 There is nothing to be embarrassed about by admitting that you've taken on more than you can cope with, and finding a cat rescue place for your lovely kittens so that they can be found a happy home where they can settle.

I'm much more concerned about what will happen to your kittens than your curtains, and think you should do the right thing and rehome them. If you live in the South West of England, I have a friend who is looking for 2 kittens and he would adopt them and take them off your hands.

You probably started out with the best of intentions but it is all going wrong for you .... and for those precious kittens. Taking on a cat is a longterm project - you may have them for 18 + years. Think carefully about rehoming them.

Chewbacca Sun 02-Aug-20 19:59:39

I have some sympathy with ruff74. I've been an RSPCA cat fosterer for over 30 years now and I've provided both temporary, and permanent homes for more than 40 cats in that time. But even I have to admit that they're ignorant, undisciplined little beggars. They don't listen when you tell them not to pee in the corner; or shimmy up the curtains and then wail because they can't get down. The number of times I've told them, in words of not more than one syllable, not to sharpen their claws on the arm of the chair but do they listen? Nada.

ruff74 please, do yourself, and the kittens a favour. Give them to someone who has an ounce of common sense and instinctively knows that you can't have a meaningful conversation with a kitten; and someone who has even 1/10th more compassion, kindness and humanity than you. It shouldn't be difficult.

geekesse Sun 02-Aug-20 20:02:19

I think the clue was ‘I had to borrow a kennel from my grandma’. I don’t suppose there are many posters to GN who have grandparents providing them with things they need...

Chewbacca Sun 02-Aug-20 20:04:19

Sparklefizz

The unkind cat woman said that the kittens have caused hundreds of dollars of damage so she's a long way from SW England. Hopefully.

Callistemon Sun 02-Aug-20 20:35:54

ruff74

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our <a target="_blank" rel="noopener" href="https://www.gransnet.com/info/netiquette">forum guidelines</a>. Replies may also be deleted.

Oh no, it was a gem of a post!

A classic in childishness

Callistemon Sun 02-Aug-20 20:36:36

BlueBelle

Whoops sorry that got copied twice oops

Don't apologise!

Chewbacca Sun 02-Aug-20 20:40:38

They must do things differently in the USA Callistemon! Over here, we just say "Oh dear, do you disagree with my point of view? I'm so terribly sorry to have offended you, please accept my sincere apologies". Although "F@@@ off" pretty much means the same grin

Callistemon Sun 02-Aug-20 20:45:47

I think it's the same in every language!

#nannygoatgruff

BlueBelle Sun 02-Aug-20 20:58:36

???

blondenana Sun 02-Aug-20 21:44:09

Ruff get a catnip spray and spray on the cat scratcher,cats love it ,it is like a drug to them and will encourage them to use that instead of your furniture
Kittens do like to climb, gut they will grow out of it, they don't know any different yet
Ask the breeder you got them from to give you some advice
If you really can't cope with them i would suggest you rehome them,
Please do not shout at them ,or of course smack them,it won't help and will make them very timid
Thet need lots of cuddles and affection
I have had cats all my life and never ever had ruined furniture,give them time,they are babies still

BlueBelle Sun 02-Aug-20 22:00:32

blondenana I think ruff good name eh ? has disappeared

blondenana Sun 02-Aug-20 22:06:12

Oh shame, i do feel sorry for the kittens, someone once got a kitten from me when one of mycats had kittens,
A few days later she rang me and said it was trying to bite her husband,
I explained that kittens don't bitr to be nasty they play bite and if with their mother she would sort them out
I told her to give it time and what to do
They had never had cats before either
They still have the cat

phoenix Sun 02-Aug-20 22:12:06

ruff74 having managed to read your deleted post, may I kindly suggest that you rehome your kittens, as you obviously value your curtains more and go shove your #£%& up your $¢℅℅¥ rather than waste your @&£% time posting on here.

The cats are worth a better home than you are prepared to give them.

PinkCakes Sun 02-Aug-20 22:14:55

*Phoenix" Love your comment grin

phoenix Sun 02-Aug-20 22:20:23

Thank you, PinkCakes ! Hopefully enough to get the point across, but subtle enough not to get deleted! wink

TrendyNannie6 Sun 02-Aug-20 22:40:18

Oh Ruff you came back, love your username, you came on the forum asking advice you were given it, you understand cats do you, Hmm, so you are aware they move about. Yes they will climb, and yes if you are leaving money around they will go for it, they are inquisitive and everyday is an adventure for tiny teeth and claws, they are learning, but you know about cats don’t you, they would also swallow tiny things left about, so be a good girlie and rehome these poor little kittens so they can be loved and cherished by a real cat lover, See ya