Gransnet forums

Pets

I've brought you a present -said by the cat

(104 Posts)
Infinity2 Mon 19-Jul-21 13:45:40

Oh you are so lucky ! I can’t manage any pets now but a few months ago a cat climbed through my kitchen window to have a look.
I sat there looking at him and he stared at me. Then he came in onto my sink unit, inspected everything and turned and left.
It sounds like nothing but I was thrilled to see him.
I love pets. It’s been years since I stroked a cat or dog and I’ve been hoping he would visit me again.
I must have failed his inspection ?

Aldom Mon 19-Jul-21 13:36:20

What a lovely story. Very special.
Years ago our Siamese cat had a 'cat friend'. The friend cat lived in the village and would knock on our cat flap when calling for our cat to come out to play. They were the best of friends and never squabbled or fought.

Rosalyn69 Mon 19-Jul-21 11:01:33

I’d love if she did. It’s quite heart warming to read this. So very sweet. smile

grandtanteJE65 Mon 19-Jul-21 10:56:29

Usually when cats proudly bring you a present, it is a bird or a mouse, as I am sure you will all agree.

Mine has done this too in the past, but this summer he has proudly presented me with A CAT!

A young, healthy, adult tom cat, who acknowledges our cat as the elder cat in authority here and treats him with great respect, but quite plainly regards me as Mummy!

The new cat is a stray and no-one has come forward to claim him, nor is he chipped or tattooed.

The old cat looks fondly and proudly on when the youngster cuddles me or marches into the house looking for me. He evinces no jealousy at all, but does insist that he still has precedence and reserves the right to turf the other out if he gets tired of him.

"Out" being a foot or so from the back door for ten minutes - nothing to worry about at all.

Anyone else been given a cat by the resident cat?

We rather suspect our old cat knows he won't be here much longer and has provided us providently with his successor!