Gransnet forums

Pets

Goodbye little Nell.

(35 Posts)
FannyCornforth Sun 06-Feb-22 09:55:18

thanks

crazyH Sun 06-Feb-22 09:51:27

So sorry sago - it’s lovely that you stayed with Nell till the end. We stayed with our sweet Flash right to the end.

cornergran Sun 06-Feb-22 09:45:16

So sorry sago, I’m sad for you all. Wise words from you, Nell knew she was loved to the end.

Blondiescot Sun 06-Feb-22 09:42:34

So sorry for your loss, run free now Nell.

Josieann Sun 06-Feb-22 09:40:48

So sorry Sago. It sounds like she had a great life and gave you much pleasure.
I'm pleased you were able to be with Nell. We were denied that last year with covid and will never ever get over it.

TillyTrotter Sun 06-Feb-22 09:36:59

So sad for you and your family Sago on the loss of your dear companion.
The photograph is heartwarming.
It brought back memories of holding my cat until the very last moments at the Vets while he did the only thing we humanely could for her.
We know we have loved them until the end, and we mourn them after.
RIP Nell x

Redhead56 Sun 06-Feb-22 09:35:34

So sorry Sago it’s hard saying goodbye to our beloved pets. We said goodbye to our Jack Russell just before COVID I am still missing him everyday. There will always be a place for Nell in your heart and memories.?

Gingster Sun 06-Feb-22 09:33:53

So sorry Sago. ?

Witzend Sun 06-Feb-22 09:29:58

So sorry, Sago, I know how heartbreaking it is. ?
We were very lucky that our vet came to the house for both our dog and cat - we’d had both for over 14 years. I couldn’t have imagined not being with them at the end.

Sago Sun 06-Feb-22 09:27:12

We said goodbye to our little witchy Patterdale terrier yesterday.
She was nearly 16!

My youngest son was 11 when we got her, it seems such a long time ago!
We have lived in 5 houses since she came to us had two grandchildren, set up two businesses and lived through a pandemic!

We took her to our lovely vet after a meal of tuna and rice, she even got to lick the tin!
As the vet did what she had to do we fed Nell little bits of cheese and cuddled her.

It really was quick and painless.
We always said we would not let her suffer and although we’re very sad, I’m so glad we made the decision.

I remembered a thread recently about staying with your pet until the end, I would never have considered not doing but will stress to anyone dreading it, it’s really not so bad.