Gransnet forums

Pets

The entrance to heaven for all dog lovers?

(55 Posts)
Whitewavemark2 Tue 03-May-22 19:44:13

?

sodapop Thu 05-May-22 17:07:45

MayBee70

The thing that gets me every time is that picture that pops up on Facebook sometimes of two dogs in heaven talking to each other. One says ‘ they still talk about you’ to which the other dog say ‘ I know’. I’m actually blubbing just writing this!

My daughter sent me a cushion with that quote MayBee70 when our two older dogs died, it had the three dogs and the cat all in row with their names underneath. It's on their day bed upstairs. I don't care if others think it's overly sentimental it comforts me.

Germanshepherdsmum Thu 05-May-22 17:57:36

I'm glad it comforts you sodapop. We both say goodnight to all of ours every night and I couldn't care less if anyone thinks that's childish, silly, whatever.

Iam64 Thu 05-May-22 20:53:58

sodapop

MayBee70

The thing that gets me every time is that picture that pops up on Facebook sometimes of two dogs in heaven talking to each other. One says ‘ they still talk about you’ to which the other dog say ‘ I know’. I’m actually blubbing just writing this!

My daughter sent me a cushion with that quote MayBee70 when our two older dogs died, it had the three dogs and the cat all in row with their names underneath. It's on their day bed upstairs. I don't care if others think it's overly sentimental it comforts me.

It’s just such a truism. Of course we still talks about them. Our wonderful labradoodle taught me more about helping a powerful dog with a high prey urge than I’d needed in the previous 40 years of living with dogs. The current young Lan is benefitting ( so are the local sheep )

Aveline Fri 06-May-22 07:49:07

We often talk about our previous cats. In fact one of our grandsons particularly likes to hear about them. 'Tell me the story about when Fuff are the wasp again Gran.'
Of course we say goodnight to our cats every night and I say cheerio to them when I'm going out and leave one or other of them in charge until we get home!