Gransnet forums

Pets

Cat litter recommendations (home delivery) please

(21 Posts)
Deedaa Fri 09-Sep-22 23:15:42

I really liked the wood pellet litter when I tried it because it smelled so nice. Unfortunately I found that it quickly broke down into sawdust which the cats then walked all over the house.

Elspeth45 Fri 09-Sep-22 23:05:39

We always used the crystals. Easy to scoop poo out and needed changing about once a week

Chardy Fri 09-Sep-22 22:26:15

Juicywords

We’ve always used Franks cat litter (Sainsburys) which is non clumping and was very reasonable at under £2 for 10 litres. Our very fussy cat also liked it! But this company seems to no longer be trading, so I’d appreciate recommendations for other non clumping, reasonably priced cat litter. Thank you ?

Frank's appears to be available online.

Chardy Fri 09-Sep-22 22:21:03

We've also always used Sainsbury's own brand, which at some stage morphed into Frank's, or Tesco own brand. They always seemed similar in texture and weight (I live in an upstairs flat!)
Other cat litters seem to be 2x or even 3x the price, with no apparent improvement in quality or quantity, and often heavier.

Aveline Fri 09-Sep-22 21:53:20

Reported

NauradikaBoutique Fri 09-Sep-22 21:44:45

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk guidelines.

Joy241 Fri 15-Jul-22 22:16:07

Oops! I, personally, dot use it. I buy it for.my two cats to use

Joy241 Fri 15-Jul-22 22:15:12

I use wood pellet litter, either from Amazon or my grocery delivery. It smells lovely and is said to be more eco friendly. It is also lighter to lift.

watermeadow Fri 15-Jul-22 20:55:14

I use Breeder Celect too. It’s environmentally good and has no smell. Cats don’t like artificial scents and nor do I.
I order from ZooPlus, 2 x 30l bags at a time because I have two big indoor cats. They do a few wees each daily and small dry poos with almost no smell because they eat fresh raw meat, not the brown slush from pouches.

Cassy0110 Fri 15-Jul-22 03:42:57

Message deleted by Gransnet for breaking our forum guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

AshleysGran Sat 09-Jul-22 09:31:34

Tescos and Waitrose both do the same cat litter as Sainsbury's Franks (but in their own brand packaging) at the same price (give or take a few pence) and they both deliver. Just search for cat litter and look for the cheapest. NOT Asda tho, their cheap litter IS clumping.

Audi10 Wed 11-May-22 12:05:15

I’m sure he will HowVeryDareYou

HowVeryDareYou Wed 11-May-22 12:04:16

Audi10 Thanks. Good to know. I hope my old boy likes it smile

Shandy57 Tue 10-May-22 16:50:19

I use Morrisons clumping cat litter, £4 per bag, my 16 year old cat likes it. Does 'clump' extremely well and a bag lasts me about ten days.

I had a cat sitter for three days and she emptied the whole tray each day, she used a whole bag.

paddyann54 Tue 10-May-22 16:09:47

I use wood pellet cat litter from Pets at Home comes in 30ltr bags and can be delivered.I buy six bags at a time and its free delivery I think its about £7 a bag

Audi10 Tue 10-May-22 15:52:09

It’s brilliant breeder celect HowVeryDareYou ours have been using it for months soft on their paws too

Aveline Mon 09-May-22 18:40:39

We use a sieve type of litter tray. The used powdery stuff filters through to the bottom tray which can be easily cleaned out leaving the 'solids' to be easily scooped off the top for disposal in a loo. This means the wood pellet type litter lasts longer. It's a good system.

GagaJo Mon 09-May-22 18:34:38

I really don't like clumping either.

Both me and the cats like Aldi's non clumping, but I'm not sure if Aldi deliver?

Catsan is also great, but it's SO expensive.

HowVeryDareYou Mon 09-May-22 18:31:30

I've just ordered some from Amazon, Breeder Celect Recycled Paper Cat Litter 30L for £12.90. It's got a lot of very good reviews.

shysal Mon 09-May-22 16:49:07

I can't understand why anybody would use non-clumping as it has to be replaced all the time. I use Golden Grey or Tigerino Nuggies in baby powder scent. I remove just the clumps and top up the level every now and then. A 10KG bag last for months.

I find Zooplus are the cheapest on line site for most pet supplies, with fast delivery, and they have a good selection from which you can choose your preference.
www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/cat_litter

Juicywords Mon 09-May-22 14:30:44

We’ve always used Franks cat litter (Sainsburys) which is non clumping and was very reasonable at under £2 for 10 litres. Our very fussy cat also liked it! But this company seems to no longer be trading, so I’d appreciate recommendations for other non clumping, reasonably priced cat litter. Thank you ?