Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

NOW CLOSED Cadbury Egg n Spoon tester feedback thread. Non-official testers welcome too - prizes for both to be won!

(42 Posts)
KatieBGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 12-Feb-13 15:26:37

This thread is for the 30 Gransnetters who have been trying out the new Cadbury Egg n Spoon kid's Easter treat with their DCs. But we'd also like to hear from those of you who weren't part of the official GN product test but who have tried the Egg n Spoon chocolate treat.

Below are a few questions for you to answer but please feel free to add any other comments you may also have.

All 'official' testers who add their feedback to this thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £250 John Lewis voucher.

Everyone who wasn't part of the official product test but who adds their feedback will be entered into a separate prize draw to win a £100 John Lewis voucher.

- What were your and your DC's first impressions of Cadbury Egg n Spoon?

- Which flavour did your children try? What did they think of the taste/texture/size etc?

- How did your DC eat the egg? Did they find it fun to eat or not? Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about it?

- Would you say your child found the Egg n Spoon more of a special treat compared to other chocolate they eat or not? If so why is this? If not, why not?

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the Cadbury Egg n Spoon to a friend? If so why? If not why not?

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

Sook Tue 12-Feb-13 16:12:57

My Cadbury Egg n Spoon arrived today. Thank you.

Marion6 Tue 12-Feb-13 16:26:27

Mine arrived today too and I now have to decide how my 6 grandchildren will try the 4 eggs. A good problem solving opportunity, to divide 4 by 6, for the eldest to work out ! smile

eGJ Tue 12-Feb-13 16:51:59

My Cadbury Egg and Spoon arrived today and we were delighted because tomorrow is Lent and we are all giving up chocolate! Four of us tested the product, so we were glad there were FOUR eggs. Tester were DH, GS1 (7) and GS2 (5) and me. GS1 thought the instructions were very good as they told you exactly what to do! On eating his, GS2 asked if there was another one! We were disappointed that there were only two spoons, but the adults used real egg spoons. All four enjoyed them, but adults needed a drink of water afterwards as we're not used to the sweetness of the (LOVELY) fluffy middle. Nothing was wasted as DH is going to use the egg box to chit his potatoes and GS1 has taken the spoon for the dolls' house to be giant spoons.

What were your and your DC's first impressions of Cadbury Egg n Spoon? they thought they looked lovely in their egg box

- Which flavour did your children try? Milk chocolate egg with a fluffy milky mousse centre What did they think of the taste/texture/size etc? Just right size. Delicious

- How did your DC eat the egg? they followed the instructions Did they find it fun to eat or not? Great fun!! Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about it? They have neither eaten a boiled egg, so it was a whole new experience

- Would you say your child found the Egg n Spoon more of a special treat compared to other chocolate they eat or not? If so why is this? If not, why not? It was a treat as I don't usually come up with snacks like this! Their mother gives them squares of chocolate, so this was "GREAT"

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the Cadbury Egg n Spoon to a friend? If so why? If not why not? Yes I would recommend this to a Grandmother/mother to give to a group of children as a special treat

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

glammanana Tue 12-Feb-13 18:48:04

Thanks so much for our early easter delivery I was very surprised at the lovely egg box they came in so so handy to use for other craft works that DGS5 does.
I meet him from school and walked him to the football training field that he goes to 2 x weekly to train with his team and he was bouncing at the thought of his treat after the match.
We thought the presentation was very very original and attractive when we opened the box.
The flavour was the fluffy moouse centre which went down very well,which promoted an "Oliver Twist" moment asking for more.grin
After his match in which he saved two goals he was bursting at the seams to have his treat and he ate it very slowly with the spoon savouring every mouthful,he also as a gesture to the boys who goals he saved offered them one each as a consulation prize,one boy ate his holding the wrapper and coped really well without the spoon.
My DGS5 found this a rare treat as my DD does not always have the spare funds to buy treats like this but I think it will be nana doing the treating as he liked it so much.
I would certainly recommend to friends for party bags and prizes as they are so different from the norm,worth spending out on as the little ones can use the spoons and the grown ups eat them from the wrapper.
This is my true and honest opinion of the product.glamma.

suelowe Wed 13-Feb-13 00:30:39

Bit sweet for me [ needed a cuppa with mine ] but just right for sweet-tooths daughter-in-law and 2 grandchildren [ ages 5 and 3 ].
Packaging much admired ! But why only 2 spoons ?

suzeeq Wed 13-Feb-13 10:38:57

We all loved these eggs! ( Me and 3 DGC 9, 7 and 4) First impression, we thought it was a good idea packing them in an egg box. 9 year old very pleased that they are Cadbury as that is the only chocolate he will eat.

Size was just right although 7 year old would have liked a giant one smile The chocolate mousse filling was a little sweet for Nanny but DGC loved it. The texture of the filling was just perfect.

We all bit the top off and scooped out the moose with the little spoons. There was a bit of arguing over the spoons, 4 eggs 2 spoons! DGC thought this was fun. 4 year old tried to get his tongue in and lick out any remaining moose smile
My DGC do not get a lot of sweets so this was a real treat and so different from the usual.
I would certainly recommend these eggs to adults and children, it is an unusual idea, fun for children and taste delicious. I will be looking out for them in the shops!

Del Wed 13-Feb-13 11:35:14

Eggs arrived yesterday and so did grandchildren after school.
The packaging was lovely.
The milk chocolate mousse was quickly eaten and the shell was good and thick. Not enough spoons (need 4) to go round so younger ones just held and ate. Delightful faces afterwards!
The children did say they saw them as a treat and when asked if they would choose them over something else in the shop, they all agreed they would.
When asked if the eggs got a thumbs up, they all put 2 thumbs up!
Thanks Cadbury...Great success.

grannyactivist Wed 13-Feb-13 12:12:07

Nice packaging and will pass the box on to a friend who keeps chickens. Grandson (age 3) loved the tiny spoon, he bit the top off his egg and tried the chocolate mousse then gave me the other spoon and asked me to share it; a sure indicator that he wasn't too keen. Grandson doesn't eat many chocolates or sweets and it was very sweet, but we finished it. The texture was okay, grandson asked if it was yoghurt. He enjoyed eating the chocolate. Older son will eat the others, no such thing as too sweet for him!

kittylester Wed 13-Feb-13 20:01:39

DGC (aged very nearly 6 and 4) really loved the eggs and ate them from an eggcup with the spoons. I think it really needs one spoon per egg as they are very sweet and one per person is ample and, if an egg is saved for another day, we'd never find the spoon again.

The box went straight onto their making table!! The spoons are now finding a use feeding DGD's babies!

I think it's a really good product for this time of year and would definitely buy for the other grandchildren.

Gardendisy Wed 13-Feb-13 20:09:28

Thankyou very much for allowing me and my three grandchildren the chance to taste the lovely chocolate eggs.

Grandson age 9 loved his said it was the best egg he had ever tasted! Wished he could have one every day.

Grandaughter aged 4 did not eat all of it but I think it was because she was more interested in keeping the little spoons for her dolly.

Youngest Grandaughter aged 10 months crushed the whole thing in her hands and loved what she managed to actually get into her mouth.

Nannie (me) thought it was the best chocolate that I had tasted in ages. Not too sweet, just the right size, went down so well with a nice cup of tea.

Knowsley Wed 13-Feb-13 21:51:26

Mine arrived today but we waited until this evening before trying them.

You get 4 eggs in a traditional type of egg box. One minor gripe, there was only 2 spoons which might cause some friction if you are sharing them out between more than 2.

The chocolate and the chocolate mousse filling are both delicious but if you're giving them to younger children it might be advisable to have wet wipes near to hand.

I think that children will like the method of how to eat these. Unwrap the egg, bite off the end, scoop out the filling using the spoon provided, then eating the remainder of the egg. Remembering how the 'prescribed manner' of how to eat oriole biscuits travelled the Atlantic and was picked up quickly by the children here.

I think that Egg 'n' Spoon will do well as a special treat especially at this time of year in the run-up to Easter. It might even teach grandchildren to share! smile

Sook Wed 13-Feb-13 23:06:38

We, DH aged 60, me aged 58, DGD aged 4, DGS aged 18 months tested our eggs this afternoon.

I liked the outer packaging, DGD has already commandeered this for a future craft product. I thought the foil wrapping would have looked better in a brighter or contrasting colour.

DGD was the first to ask why there was only two spoons , she didn't think it was fair.

We ate our eggs from eggcups, the children used the spoons provided and we used our own. Littlest grandchild managed his very well considering he has never eaten a boiled egg, he was very quiet whilst eating his apart from a little mmm now and then. A sure sign of enjoyment from him.

We had the milk chocolate eggs with the fluffy mousse centres I think both grandchildren would have happily eaten two eggs, but DH and I were satisfied with just one. The outer egg was up to the usual Cadbury high standard and the mousse centre certainly was light and fluffy and very enjoyable.

I think both children enjoyed the novelty of eating chocolate eggs in this way which made it a very special treat and one I'm sure they would enjoy again.

Both DH and I preferred the taste of these eggs to the usual Cadburys Cream Eggs.

I would definitely buy them for novel Easter gifts for friends and neighbours children, and also use them in Easter Egg hunts. I would have no hesitation in recommending them to other Mums and Grans for this purpose. I also think that the same Mums and Grans would be very pleased if the Easter Bunny left them an Egg n Spoon treat on Easter Morning.

Thank you for the opportunity to try this product. sook

Marion6 Thu 14-Feb-13 12:16:33

The eggs were tested by my daughter and grandchildren aged 11, 8 and 4. The comments were :
"Absolutely delicious "
"There should be a spoon for each egg as more than 2 children could be eating them at the same time".
"Yummy".
"Tasty".
" They'd be good in white chocolate or with a sugar case like the little eggs that are around at Easter so they'd look like real eggs".
" The mousse filling is really nice but how much sugar is in it ?" ( from health conscious 8 year old).
They were certainly a hit and the children thought eating them with little spoons fun, as did their mother. The chocolate was thick so unlikely the eggs will get broken before it's time to open them. The egg box design a nice touch. Depending on what they cost, I'll probably buy some for the grandchildren at Easter and I would recommend them.

lizliz Thu 14-Feb-13 15:27:50

Hi Everyone

My daughter bought some of these for my grandson to try last week and obviously nanna had to try some too and do you know what .......

........they are GREAT - we all loved them

If anyone is listening out there - a dark chocolate one would be lovely too

I know that they are sugary but Oh what a treat

kittylester Thu 14-Feb-13 16:07:17

Oh, a dark chocolate one would be brilliant lizliz

whenim64 Thu 14-Feb-13 16:07:50

The Egg n Spoons were pounced on this lunchtime and enjoyed by grandchildren, mum and nana.

The children thought they were a toy at first, as they had eggs in boxes to play with when they were smaller. I thought they looked inviting, and make a special treat.

- Which flavour did your children try? What did they think of the taste/texture/size etc?
Milk chocolate with mousse inside. The children loved the mousse and there was just the right amount for them. Declared them 'yummy!' The adults fond them a bit too sweet, but we still ate them!

- How did your DC eat the egg? Did they find it fun to eat or not? Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about it?
The spoons went west after a few tries and the eggs were demolished in a few bites. They liked the fun of finding out what was in there, and speculated whether they were like Kinder eggs. They liked the egg box.

- Would you say your child found the Egg n Spoon more of a special treat compared to other chocolate they eat or not? If so why is this? If not, why not?
Yes, more special because they came in the box with spoons.

- If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the Cadbury Egg n Spoon to a friend? If so why? If not why not?
Mixed, really. Yes, would recommend as the children liked the 'special-ness' of this treat, but no in terms of all that packing. I will buy them as a treat.

Stephllewellyn Thu 14-Feb-13 17:08:02

tried these, liked them but wouldn't want to eat them all as they were quite sickly

trendygran Thu 14-Feb-13 17:28:12

My Goddaughter tried these and referred to them as total lifesavers,after a terrible day at work. Can't get much better than that!

Galen Thu 14-Feb-13 17:31:15

At over 500 cals per egg?hmm

anniwee Thu 14-Feb-13 19:01:01

That looks delicious but calorific!!

NanSue Thu 14-Feb-13 19:49:09

Thankyou Cadbury's. What a treat!
I collected my 5year old grandson from school today taking the eggs with me.
I took the precious box out of my bag and his little eyes lit up when he opened the lid. He was excited at the thought of using a spoon to scoop the mousse from the middle. After the first bite there was a lot of loud "yumming" noises which pretty much continued for the whole experience, a sure sign he was in a little bit of chocolate heaven! On the last bite ,through a mouthful of chocolate, he wanted to know when he could "test the next one"! My answer to that was "not before me". OMG! I had to stop myself from repeating the yumming noises. The mousse is so light and smooth. Just 2 spoons was the only slight disappointment. However the egg box was a bonus for the craft box.
One of the best things about this product is that they are nice and light in weight. I send Cadbury's products out to Taiwan for my son and his family on a regular basis, with the price of postage these days it often costs more than the value of theparcel to send ,so a few boxes of these will be ideal to send in my Easter parcel to them. Quite a bit lighter than the creme eggs. I know how excited they will be to receive their chocolate fix in a new form.

glassortwo Thu 14-Feb-13 21:36:56

Along with my middle two Grandchildren ages 5 and 7 we waited patiently for their Mum to arrive home so we could taste the Egg N Spoon.

What were your and your DC's first impressions of Cadbury Egg n Spoon?

They were intrigued to see the pretty egg box and thrilled to find it full of chocolate eggs and spoons.

Which flavour did your children try? What did they think of the taste/texture/size etc?

We had the Milk chocolate mousse. The adults found the mousse a little sweet but it suited the Grandchildren. The size was perfect for little ones.

How did your DC eat the egg? Did they find it fun to eat or not? Was there anything they particularly liked or disliked about it?

They eagerly opened the foil to find the egg and took a big bite to take the top off, then were quiet while they investigated what was inside their treat. They loved the spoons but there should be four in the box. We then had lengthy discussions on how they could recycle the spoons and the pretty egg box once they had been eaten .

Would you say your child found the Egg n Spoon more of a special treat compared to other chocolate they eat or not? If so why is this? If not, why not?

I think it was different from anything they had had before so it was a special treat.

If it came up in conversation, would you recommend the Cadbury Egg n Spoon to a friend? If so why? If not why not?

Yes I would recommend Egg N Spoon as I think its a good alternative Easter Egg.

AlexGransnet (GNHQ) Fri 15-Feb-13 10:32:42

Galen

At over 500 cals per egg?hmm

Hi Galen, just to clarify - the eggs are only 195 calories each!

NannysCrazyCreatures Fri 15-Feb-13 16:26:56

Lovely packaging but just seemed a bit exessive on a waste point of view.

We tried the chocolate one it was very sweet with a very light whipped centre and quite enough with one each.

We unwrapped to top half and bit off the top then spooned out the centre and munched the chocolate shell, Papa wanted one as well but had to wait untill we had done with the spoons as there are 4 eggs and only 2 spoons. We were all covered in chocolate when we had done and needed to wash our hands and faces, even Papa. The egg cup idea would have been handy.

I would only give this a special treat, it is not something you would buy every day and certainly not recommended to eat on the way home from school as there is too much packaging to fiddle with.

I don`t know how much they will be in the shops but I would think they will be quite expensive so I would recommend as an Easter egg type treat but not for everyday.