Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Take part in the Colman's cook once eat twice challenge - £150 M&S voucher to be won!

(83 Posts)
AngelieGransnet (GNHQ) Mon 02-Sep-13 16:10:56

We're looking for 10 Gransnetters to take part in a 2 week 'cook once eat twice' challenge.

Here's what Colman's say about the challenge:
"Wasting food costs families up and down the country money and has an impact on the environment too. Bulk cooking is a simple way to reduce this, as it can help with meal planning and provides a solution for those mealtimes when you just don't have the time or inspiration to cook. So join us in making your family's favourite dishes go further and save yourself time and money in the process!"

The aim of this challenge is to encourage GNers who don't often cook in batches, to try some of the Colman's recipes to make enough meals to last for the week by freezing and reheating when needed.

Those selected to take part will be sent a selection of Colman's packet mixes including:

- Colman's Chilli Con Carne Casserole (suitable for vegetarians)

- Colman's Chicken Casserole

- Colman's Beef Casserole

- Colman's Sausage Casserole (suitable for vegetarians)

You'll also receive Colman's recipe cards, information on food waste as well as some tips for freezing meals from Love Food Hate Waste.

Testers will then need to cook a couple of the recipes in one go and freeze into portion sizes for use over the 2 weeks.

You'll then need to add feedback to a thread on GN about how you found the recipes and whether or not you saved time and money and reduced the amount of food you usually waste.

Everyone who adds their feedback to the thread will be entered into a prize draw where one winner will receive a £150 M&S voucher.

We know many GNers are seasoned pros at cooking in bulk and freezing leftovers and we'd like those of you who have top tips to share to help the testers out on the feedback thread so do keep a look out for this - there'll be an extra prize to win grin.

If you'd like to take part, please sign up here.

Thanks and good luck,
GNHQ

kittylester Tue 10-Sep-13 07:03:44

My bread sauce is legendary (at least in our family grin). My recipe involves very finely chopped onions, which I leave in, clove infused milk and lots of butter and some cream. It takes ages but is well worth it. [modestemoticon]

kittylester Tue 10-Sep-13 07:04:47

And we have it in addition to gravy, not instead.

Ana Tue 10-Sep-13 09:59:53

Well yes, I knew that, I just meant that personally I don't go for any of these sauces with Chrismas dinner - just gravy.

kittylester Tue 10-Sep-13 10:17:26

We don't 'do' cranberry sauce Ana and it only occurred to me that lots of people do have it when our best SiL said, tentatively, 'Shall I get the cranberry sauce?' Mind you, his family have rice with Christmas lunch too. confused He's foreign you see. grin

hummingbird Tue 10-Sep-13 10:19:33

I don't care for bread sauce - it's a texture thing, I think. If I'm making a quick, midweek chilli, I have no problem using a packet mix. I can make it properly, though, honest! Anytime I make a casserole / stew I freeze half. Always have smile

CariGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 10-Sep-13 17:54:37

Well it's clear that while many gransnetters are very happy to use (and try) packet sauces, others would prefer to make theirs from scratch. But then how dull it would be if everyone liked doing the same things grin

As you know, this is a paid-for (ie sponsored) thread. Gransnet is free to use and consequently we need to make revenue in order to keep it running. So we do appreciate your feedback on this (and other products)

j08 Tue 10-Sep-13 18:04:49

confused now