Gransnet forums

Product tests and surveys

Please note: This topic is for your comments and feedback on Product Tests and Surveys being run by Gransnet. It is not the place to post (or ask for) comments on other products or to post your own surveys. If you do this, your comments may be deleted. If you'd like to run your own product test or survey, please email [email protected]. If you are an entrepreneur or start-up and would like to ask for some feedback, please visit our media requests topic here

Hellmann’s feedback thread – non testers: talk leftovers and sandwiches for a chance to win a £50 hamper NOW CLOSED

(60 Posts)
KatGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 22-Oct-13 09:52:36

This thread is for the 10 gransnetters who took part in the Hellmann’s ‘Sandwich of the Century’ challenge as part of their
LoveFood Hate Waste campaign.

Non-testers: Hellmann’s would love to know if you use leftovers in your sandwiches. Do you regularly use your leftovers in a sandwich for lunch the next day? If you don’t, do you think it’s something you’d try? Every non tester who adds their thoughts will be entered into a prize draw to win a Hellmann’s hamper worth £50.

Here’s what Hellmann’s have to say, “For 100 years, Hellmann's Mayonnaise has been at the heart of the greatest Sandwiches but did you know that every day we throw away 200,000 loaves of bread and are even careless with our fillings for example, nearly three million tomatoes, and one million slices of ham are disposed of and not eaten?! At Hellmann’s, we love food and we believe eating should be a moment of joy. That's why we hate food waste and are now encouraging you to use your lovely leftovers!"

Testers were sent some Hellmann's mayonnaise along with a welcome pack.

Testers: We’ve got a set of questions we’d like you to answer about making sandwiches and how you found the Hellmann’s challenge. Please also feel free to add any other thoughts you may have.

1. How often do you make sandwiches for yourself and/or your family?
2. How many different types of sandwich filling do you have in one week?
3. Do you make sandwiches the night before or are you an early riser?
4. What are your hints and tips to keep your bread fresh?
5. What ideas did you/ your family come up with for using leftovers in sandwiches? What worked well/ what didn’t work out so well?
6. Do you have a favourite sandwich you already made regularly with your leftovers?
7. After taking part in the challenge do you think you will be more inventive in your sandwich fillings featuring Hellmann’s Mayonnaise?

If you have made a particularly impressive sandwich, feel free to post a picture of it on this thread too! All testers who leave their feedback on this thread will be entered into a prize draw to win a £150 M&S voucher.

Thanks and good luck,

GNHQ

FlicketyB Mon 18-Nov-13 10:57:13

Leftover salad always finds its way into a sandwich. I had a salad sandwich for supper on Saturday, but that is about all and I otherwise only put butter and marmite on it, I do not think I ever put mayonnaise on a sandwich.

I prefer sandwiches to be vegetable only and buy them, when having a quick lunch ou,t more frequently than I eat them home. Most leftovers become soup rather than sandwiches.

hollystone Mon 18-Nov-13 15:32:24

Usually it would be Chicken or Turkey leftovers that I would make with curry and Mayo into a Coronation type mix, and then into a sandwich.
Now my husband that is a different matter! it is amazing what men can make leftovers into!!

Pinksock Mon 18-Nov-13 19:47:25

I enjoy left over cold roast chicken in an open sandwich I can sit at the table with a knife and fork .
A white china plate to serve
1 Thick Slice of Granary Bread
Scraping of butter
Shredded lettuce
Sliced cucumber
Sliced vine tomato (room temp)
Topped with thinly sliced Roast chicken that has been stirred through a Tablespoon of Hellmanns Garlic Mayonnaise finished with a sprinked of ground black pepper
Serve with a tall cool glass of sprakling mineral water the bubbles dancing over ice and lemon
A linen knapkin to the side...Devine grin

michelleblane Mon 18-Nov-13 21:55:56

Non tester here
I love leftovers in sandwiches. My favourite is Christmas toasted sandwich. Turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce and sliced veges toasted. When I was little we had a sandwich toaster that you held over the gas hob. (Now I use an electric one or straight on the Aga)
I use pitta breads, tortilla wraps, bread rolls or sliced and make sandwiches with left over meats or cold sliced sausages. Now i am retired, it make an ideal lunch. I love mayonnaise and use it instead of butter. My favourites at the moment are mayo with a touch of lemon in chicken sandwiches and mayo with black pepper on anything!!! Please don't stop making the flavoured ones.
I only like very firm tomatoes in salads, but love riper ones sliced in sandwiches with salt , pepper and mayo.

daisybeebee Thu 21-Nov-13 19:45:18

We quite often use leftovers in sandwiches. Our two favourites are leftover gammon with mustard mayonnaise and Chicken with Sweetcorn, red onion and mayonnaise.

MichelleGransnet (GNHQ) Tue 26-Nov-13 12:02:34

Hi everyone, thanks for all the comments. Congratulations to Gorki who won the Hellmann's hamper worth £50 and to glammanana who won the £150 M&S voucher!

glammanana Tue 26-Nov-13 18:09:17

What nice news to log on to thanks so much congrats to Gorki enjoy your hamper.

whenim64 Tue 26-Nov-13 19:11:31

Congrats, you two! Fabulous prizes flowers

Gorki Thu 19-Dec-13 14:24:24

Thanks. tchsmile
Have only just found out I've won the hamper as I haven't been around much lately and obviously missed this thread ! Don't usually win things so I will enjoy . Good luck to everyone with the other competitions around.