Gransnet forums

Relationships

Continued support and fun aspects too of rebuilding lives after estrangement can't believe 4 years and we still here to offer help, friendship and support.TWO

(1000 Posts)
SparklyGrandma Mon 15-May-17 22:39:02

Dear celebgran eddiecat Yoga Norah Smileless I hope no one minds my starting a new thread as we had reached 1001 posts on thread ONE.

Here is wishing peace and healing, moving forward in positivity...

celebgran Mon 15-May-17 22:48:38

Wonderful sparklygran here's hoping this one isn't sabotaged. Let hope admin read some of our complaints, and heed them.

celebgran Mon 15-May-17 22:49:41

I second that peace of mind healing and positive attitude to all of us and welcome to anyone needing help of support, Estranged Or otherwise

grannygrace Mon 15-May-17 23:07:36

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Minty Tue 16-May-17 09:06:05

?

SparklyGrandma Tue 16-May-17 11:40:56

celebgran its a rainy day here, hoping to distract myself today with lots of tasks I leave for rainy days.

What do others use to try and take their minds off things? flowers

celebgran Tue 16-May-17 12:20:17

So pleased admin finally stepped in to remove offensive posts,

Sun shining here today quick get washing out As holiday Thursday ??

lizzyr Tue 16-May-17 12:26:50

I have just returned to gransnet after giving up on it because of the type of post I have seen on this thread. Life is too short to waste on negative people. That does not mean only associate with people you agree with, that would be boring. I had hope gransnet women would be 'critical friends' where criticism is balanced, helpful, explorative and with the interest of others not oneself at heart. On a related matter please see my first post today on warning to those who cut off grandchildren from their grandparents. So one suggestion might be to write everything as if it will be the last thing anyone reads by you. Would you like to be remmebered by it?

celebgran Tue 16-May-17 13:12:16

Lizzyr not sure what you mean? Can totally relate to being upset by offensive unnecessary unkind putting it politely posts.

Regarding what Estranged grandkids will know I photographed every gift and card for lady 8 years we have left copies with our will and I do a blog so one day they will know how we loved them and ever stopped trying ever.

Smileless2012 Tue 16-May-17 14:04:19

Afternoon ladies. Well done Celeb for starting another thread for us all; can't believe it's been almost a week since I was on GN. We've been busy pottering around our lovely home with paint brushes in handgrin.

Mr. S. got the new door hung last week and it looks greatsmile, he's a clever old buggergrin.

I do hope that when things settle down with your DS's separation that he will be happy and that you'll finally get to see your GC eddie. I understand your fears as she's clearly been very obstructive especially over the children. IMO your DS has exhibited great strength of character and resolve by refusing to allow her to come between him and his parents; may he continue to do so.

I'm sure none of us have a problem "where criticism is balanced, helpful, explorative and with the interests of others and not oneself at heart" lizzyr but sadly criticism isn't always expressed that way as these support threads can sadly demonstrate.

Yogagirl it's perfectly understandable that you want to find out all you can about your GC. I'm sorry that your ED's friend was unable to be of any help and that your ED's response to her has shown you that there's no possibility of reconciliation as things stand.

I used to watch all those tv programmes about family members finding one another, babies being born etc. but can't watch them anymore and haven't been able too for years.

It must have been a shock to find out your ED has moved luckylegs (hope I've got that right as it was on the previous thread; apologies if I haven't).

Off to read the other threads now. Enjoy the rest of the day.

SparklyGrandma Tue 16-May-17 22:48:25

Sorry to hear your EstD has moved luckylegs.

My estDS moved several years ago - and I had been sending presents and cards to their old address for about 2-3 years.

Since I stopped sending cards and presents last year, and definitely don't look for estDS and family at all on line, I am moving on and trying to have a positive outlook.

And I know things I have bought and sent aren't thrown in the bin!

Luckylegs9 Wed 17-May-17 07:46:47

I was getting confused with different threads on estrangement, especially all the negative posters. This one seems not to have been invaded just yet, so forgive me if I have missed something. Where are you going on holiday Celeb? Are you feeling in better fealty now?
Smileless, your new house sounds fabulous, you gave a new lease of life.
Eddie, hopefully things will improve fir you, I agree with your moments about your son, dil do have the power, it is hoped they are nice people and want you in their lives or it gets hard.
Sparkly Grandma, it is so hard for you with your daughter moving, do you know where she has gone?
Last night I watched Long Lost Families, although not a fan of Davinia, those mothers that gave their babies away and were reunited 50 years later, had inconditional love given when they were found. I would have given my life for mine, but she doesn't like me, I find it so hard, since you become pregnant it is no longer you, it is us and remains that way for life,like most mothers they are always in your thoughts and their needs come first. I wonder if it would have been easier with someone by my side, at least they could understand. It is wrong of me to hold on for so many years as it can never change and life is passing by. I have booked a couple of holidays for next year, haven't felt well most of this one, so thought it was something to focus on. Yogagirl, might end up at your retreat.
Have a good day everyone.

Luckylegs9 Wed 17-May-17 07:48:13

Celeb, should have read a little better now. Honestly, these I pads have there isn't minds I swear.

celebgran Wed 17-May-17 09:51:20

Lucklegs thank you. My iPad same? Because I touch type and I can't on the screen ? keypad it does it's own thing auto correct is worst?.

I messaged admin as the other thread has become so insulting rather than delete posts they did the lot, we still have 2.

Not sure what posters get out of trolling because they can as they quoted.

However what kind of life do you have if you want to be so unpleasant??

We will give it a shot lucklegs but I won't put up with personal insults and nor should any of us,

Won't be on here much today finalising packing?

Was researching about my op yesterday and it is bit of worry but will b so glad have chance getting out of pain.

Hope your teeth settled now lucklylegs?
Do you have trip away planned soon?

Just hope won't spoil it for dh as I am so immobile,

One of trolls criticised my posts in a vile way and thanks Norah for pointing out and fairydoll it's not what we do why would we?

I have got A* English took fresh GCSEs a few years ago, maths also but onlyngot c and psychology A and sociology B to keep baring going butmwe dont do these posts in formal way do we?

I said to admin if someone was close to the edge a vile post like that could tip them over.

It's not. necessary.

We welcome all new posters and try support them ninathena please post on remaining threads.

However we all know certain people as Smilelss pointed out seem to resent the strong bond we all have on here and try to sabotage it, it never works but they must get some perverted pleasure from it, trawling old posts that we have all done to try and prove what? They have little else to do I expect, so pity them,

celebgran Wed 17-May-17 09:58:49

Sorry lucklegs just read your post again and can see you going away next year, good idea I know you had health problems like me,

No I didn't watch long lost families would no doubt make me cry, meet the midwife does that but I enjoy it, sometimes it's too much as I remember vividly the midwife saying to me you have your xxxxxxxxx had told her name chose for her, if was daughter,
I was alone dh was with her brother, and I. Those days it wasn't a stage managed show however I think we had better care than poor girls now from what I hear,

I was beyond thrilled and had 28 years but you right lucklegs they are part of us so Pain does t ever go, it's sad you alone, but my dh is wonderful but as it's it's not so intensive for him, he is still working one day and he adored his daughter and our little xxxxxxx but to me the kids were my world rather stupid with hindsight,

celebgran Wed 17-May-17 10:03:49

Omg sparklyngran. Glad they removed thesdmthat had deteriorated into insults as had missed your post, so none of gifts were returned? Wonder what became of them, how distressing.

We will no longer send money or vouchers xxxxxxxx is provided for in our will and to be honest after 8 years nonacknwoedgment even I accept am beaten,

However I could cry for England remembering the pure joy I felt holding. Xxxxxx first term and will never forget her birthday

Totally different ref other 2 our ed was cruel enough to not even tell us about them, we wouod still adore to meet them and have chance love them as sure we
Would do our best be good grandparents but sadly this won't happen,

Yogagirl Wed 17-May-17 10:08:00

Morning Girls - Found it hmm the new page the page grin

In response to your above post Celebgran re tipping over edge, I am C&P from another thread; sorry need to go back as lost it.....

celebgran Wed 17-May-17 10:08:54

Rereading sparkly Gra forgive me for being thick but you have no idea of yourmes address? That's hard especially they didn't have decency tell you.?I do feel for you

Of course our Ed could have moved for all we know, she was still there last year when her godparents took us over when she had pulmonary embolism s she didn't want see us so we realised that was it.

We will never go again unless invited, it's distressing enough,

Lucklylegs and sparklygran moving on is all we can do but it's painful???

celebgran Wed 17-May-17 10:10:37

Welcome yogagirl???you found us

Yogagirl Wed 17-May-17 10:11:32

Here it is;

PennieDJ Tue 16-May-17 23:49:56
This is all so painful and such a waste of positive emotions which are natural sometimes I think death would be better x
Add comment | Report | Private message
Starlady Wed 17-May-17 06:27:20
Omg, Pennie, no! Please don't think that! Someday your son may reach out again or your gc, when older, might seek you out. You need to be here if/when that happens.
Add comment | Report | Private message
Yogagirl Wed 17-May-17 09:02:35
Pennie I get the same thoughts. Especially the first 18mnths. I still get them now, just thoughts, but then sometimes, around Birthday times & Xmas and when rotten things are said to us on these forums of support by heartless GM not in our situation with zero understanding or sympathy! No one should be put in such a state of mind, especially by their once loved ones
You have to just think that if you went ahead with it, then you would never see them again, would you. When I walk in the park and hear the birds singing, look at the blue skies, look at the birds flying in the skies doing their dance, I think if I had done away with myself, I wouldn't be seeing all this beauty now.

Yogagirl Wed 17-May-17 10:16:27

Also those who haven't already, you need to take a look at Lizzy post, on relationships forum entitled; "Warning..."

celebgran Wed 17-May-17 10:16:35

Absolutely yogagirl in y darkest moments I think of my adored husband and son and could never leave them.

The pain I am in gets me in dark place at times but there is hope my operation?

I no longer would feel so low ref my daughter it's her choice and we have rebuilt our lives first couple years were bleak but not now,

SparklyGrandma Wed 17-May-17 10:28:19

Morning everyone, feeling positive!

celebgran I suspect the gifts and cards were binned....I have an idea of the area they moved to, it's the same area as their previous address, but not the address. And as with any parcel I put my full address on the back as sender.

Luckylegs its my son and DiL I am estranged from but thank you and yes its rough.

Off out for lunch and midday church in a nearby town, always refreshing emotionally wise .

Glad GNHQ has reinforced idea that taunting us on these support threads is NOT on. Thank you GNHQ flowers flowers

eddiecat78 Wed 17-May-17 12:24:29

Morning Everyone. Blooming awful weather here but I am looking forward to the afternoon as I don`t have to visit my father (in care home) as the staff are taking him out to lunch. I can`t speak highly enough of his carers - they are all so kind - and lovely to me as well as to him. When I win the lottery I am going to give them all lots and lots of money

Hope you have a wonderful holiday Celeb

celebgran Wed 17-May-17 13:57:03

Yes and no eddiecat trouble is by the time they step in a lot of damage has been done.

Glad you got break today eddiecat I remember when f i law was in care home it's hard know what to say As he got irritated easily as could t remember anything bless him r.i.p.

Thanks ladies trying set few plants ? or rather giving orders to dh my best friend gave me some lovley runner bean plants and tomatoe plants.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion