Gransnet forums

Relationships

Support for Grans cut-out of AC&GC lives

(1000 Posts)
Yogagirl Mon 04-Sep-17 07:59:08

Starting new thread.....

Yogagirl Mon 04-Sep-17 08:00:17

Hi all

Hope this is OK and if another is started can join with that...

Yogagirl Mon 04-Sep-17 08:06:07

Thanks for all your concern re my dizziness. Did what everyone says not to do, which is look it up on internet. But it's actually put my mind at ease a bit, as looking at symptom, it's as you say Rhinestone Vertigo! Most likely with me seems to be low blood pressure, but I have it all the time, so difficult for me to teach my yoga & as this is my sole sauce of income, I can't take time off sick!
It's not from stress as I've had that and it's different.

Going to post, just to see if we are all on the same page...

Smileless2012 Mon 04-Sep-17 09:22:56

hmm well if it continues Yogagirl you really should get it checked out by your GP. Another new thread, am I right in thinking this is number 5?

Your posts are only pink for you Celeb, mine are showing in pink too; I rather like themsmile.

Thinking about you Luckylegs and hoping you have a better day.

silverlining48 Mon 04-Sep-17 12:09:11

Sorry to hear about the vertigo yogagirl, i suffered for years so understand just how unpleasant it is. Take it carefully getting up/ sitting down, turning head or turning over in bed, try not to lay completely flat. Good luck.

SparklyGrandma Mon 04-Sep-17 16:56:03

Yoga thank you for starting new thread ...the last Celebrating thread was a TWO...

Hope your dizziness passes, especially if you have to teach...

Yogagirl Tue 05-Sep-17 10:58:17

Morning Girls

Couldn't remember number of threads, but at least 5 Smileless The first were on AMBU Sparkly*

Lilly went in for an op on her leg yesterday, came out with one of those halos on, which she hates, so I removed it, but must now watch her like a hawk, to stop her biting the stitches, as there is no bandage!

Thanks Silver re my vertigo. Still did my 2 classes Sunday, but had to tell the students, ' I may tip you upside down, but I have to stay upright' Went to the doctors, he just gave me sea sick tablets! Anyway did my 2 classes yesterday and one girl came up to say she had had the same and physiotherapist at the hospital put her right. I looked on the internet for the same procedure, did it this morning and I hope I'm right in saying it's gone! Frightened to test it as it's so awful!

Yogagirl Tue 05-Sep-17 11:07:38

Sorry you suffered for years with vertigo Silver I've learnt that it's the crystals in your ears move into the wrong place, so the exercise I did this morning, moved them back to the right position. The girl that told me about it, said it was instant and never came back. I'll let you know if it worked with me, still afraid to tip my head down or side to side, but my head definitely feels clear, fingers crossed.

NannaM Tue 05-Sep-17 13:08:27

yogagirl could you give a little more info on the exercise you did which helped? I've been experiencing some dizziness, first thing in the morning when I sit up, and maybe those exercises will help me too! Thanks!

Yogagirl Tue 05-Sep-17 15:29:57

Hi NannaM

Sit back on your heels, tip your head all the way back & hold for 30sec to 1 min. then curl your chin on chest & roll down tightly, aiming head to knees & roll forward onto top of head, hold for 30secs to 1 min. then tip head to right, whilst still down [left if that's were you feel dizziness is coming from or strongest] keep your head in this tilt & come up slowly, stay here for 30sec to 1min, then sit up straight & normal. If not cleared, wait 15mins and repeat.

I've just tried a salute-to-the-sun, which I couldn't do before with the vertigo, now all gone! miraculous!
Good luck xx

Yogagirl Tue 05-Sep-17 15:38:15

NannaM if it's just a little dizziness in the mornings you may be anaemic , iron tablets will help with this. xx

NannaM Wed 06-Sep-17 14:51:24

Thank you yogagirl! Wouldn't you know it......I was fine this morning! But I'm going to keep your reply in mind in case it happens again. And yes I was wondering about iron, it's a chronic thing with me, but my last blood test was good.

Smileless2012 Thu 07-Sep-17 10:27:54

Morning ladies. Had a great day yesterday as we celebrated our 37th wedding anniversarysmile. Got some beautifulflowersfrom Mr. S. and went out last night for a lovely meal and champagnegrin.

Can't remember if I've already told you that we've extended our little family by 2; I've got 2 little guinea pigs. They're very timid and skittish, only 9 weeks old so it's going to take time for them to get to know me.

They have the most amazing hutch with an upstairs and downstairs, it's blue with a pitched roof and looks rather like a swiss challetgrinso what with our 2, our dog and cat and the girls 2 guineas next door we've got quite a collection.

I couldn't have got them without the girls as they'll be looking after them for me when we go to Florida at the end of the month for 5 weeks. It'll be a year since we went so I'm really looking forward to it providing the 400 mile hurricane about to hit Florida doesn't get as far as us and flatten it of coursehmm.

Got a lovely card and present from the girls bless them.

Life is good, I'm feeling really upbeat today and I hope you're all feeling and doing OK too.

Luckylegs9 Thu 07-Sep-17 17:11:39

Have you found us Rhinestone, hope do. Congratulations on your ever growing family and your wedding anniversary. How lovely jetting off for 5 weeks, if I had kept to the first I might have squeezed in your suitcase, I wouldn't be any trouble.
Hope Celebregran feeling lots better, know she is seeing consultant tomorrow, so good luck.
Hope your ears still OK Yogagirl.
X

Luckylegs9 Thu 07-Sep-17 17:46:17

So sorry, the ever growing family was meant for Smileless. Rhinestone must have thought I'd gone mad.

celebgran Thu 07-Sep-17 21:56:04

Well I didn't know we had. NEw thread started hufff huff

So good to see though ?

Well had my hair done this afternoon was worried would br well enough my dear nairdresser looked after me sooo well and I feel million dollars with my blonds, reds and golden brown highlights bad colour and good cut, bless her, bonus saw her little babe for short while when her dh arrived home with him.
She had turned her conservatory into a salon and it was lovely!

Thanks lucklegs am bit nervous about appt,
Will report back.
Smilless ?????happy anniversary for yesterday, 3 years time we will be celebrating rating the big one with you I hope.

Yogagirl glad excercises have helped.

I feel wiped out still but have been more active, damn leg pain annoys me each night here's hoping sjbsides had one better night this week.

Love to all x

celebgran Thu 07-Sep-17 21:56:56

Not bad colour wonderful one ooops

celebgran Thu 07-Sep-17 22:00:42

Smilless you did mention caring for the girls guinea pigs omg now you have 2,!

Lucklylegs hope you feeling bit brighter did you decide about dr appt? I would feel better if you did go nag nag, xx???

Rhinestone Thu 07-Sep-17 22:30:23

Well after looking at a GPS, and calling Sherlock Holmes.... I found you all again and glad I did.
Everyone is freaking out over the Florida hurricane. I have family and friends and they are all out and safe. My friends daughter won't leave and she's so upset as she lives near the ocean in an apartment. My heart aches for her as there are NO more tickets for trains or planes. SmilelessHope your condo is okay. I think it will be.
*Celebgran *Glad you are improving and got your hair done. Sorry about the leg though.
YogagirlMy DM has had vertigo for years and they give her a med calked antivert. It works wonders and I hope you got the same pills.
Woke up with a pounding heart and shaking inside. Have had it for a week. Anyone else experience it?

Starlady Thu 07-Sep-17 23:52:45

Hi everyone!

Glad you're feeling better, Yoga and Nanna!

Celeb, I'm glad to see you're doing better, too, and wish you the best with your next appt!

And Luckylegs, I hope you're feeling better, too, since you spoke to us in the other thread. Sounds as if you are though. Good to see!

Smileless, Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. S!

So lovely about the guinea pigs, too! Hope you enjoy them!

Rhinestone, glad to hear that your family is safe. I know you would have been very worried otherwise. Hoping the hurricane weakens before it does anymore damage, etc.

WendyS Fri 08-Sep-17 01:55:32

The thread is about cut-out Grans? How do Grans get cut-out of AC&GC lives, by misdeeds or abuse?

Rhinestone Fri 08-Sep-17 03:17:00

WendyS many of us don't know WHY we are cut out because our AC just stopped talking to us. Some of us got emails saying they were going to cut us out, some had disagreements.
By abuse do you mean we abused them or them us?
Our AC use their children as pawns in their very sick game. The children have no say . No matter how petty our AC's reasons they feel justified in punishing us by estrangement. That is the cowards way. That's easier than having a conversation with a parent. They obviously don't realize how much work it takes to have a relationship or they do and don't want to do it. When you are " entitled" you can do whatever to whomever you want

Luckylegs9 Fri 08-Sep-17 06:22:24

WendyS, what do you think? Are we all abusers and uncaring people, what do you deduce reading the threads. Are we all on here to atone for our many sins? To revel in the position we are in.

Madgran77 Fri 08-Sep-17 07:30:11

WendyS I am not a "cut out" Grandparent! I am astounded at the ignorance and ,quite frankly, stupidity of your post. I suspect that you posted it to wind people up and would also respectfully suggest that everyone ignores you completely!! That way, this thread can just continue o support people who, for whatever reason, are struggling with a painful situation!

Yogagirl Fri 08-Sep-17 08:35:09

Happy anniversary Smileless How lovely to have been happily married for 37yrs, well done both of you flowers
I've sent you a pm.

Back to read more posts in a bit....

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion