Gransnet forums

Relationships

Lazy husband......

(81 Posts)
MesMopTop Wed 22-Nov-17 02:27:42

Probably done to death but just need to vent or else I might just be up for murder! I work full time shift work, DH does not work. He does have quite a few health issues but can still walk, talk and do things., The house is a bloody tip. I'm cleaning kitchen and scrubbing cupboard doors and over it pops. "Is there anything you want me to do?" Says he. I shall not write my thoughts here, too incriminating ? I hate clothes draped over chairs, so after 3 days I hung up his good trousers. Again, over it pops. "Have you seen my trousers?" Yes. "What did you do with them?" I hung them up. Get this, "Where did you hang them up?" In the bloody fridge you twit ??. I can give him a list of things I want done, no problem, he'll do it or I'll ask him to do something and it will get done. However, no instructions, nothing done. Parks his bum on the sofa and wstches TV, he's there right now.,I never knew someone could love a TV so much. Once I "accidently" took the remotes to work. Haha, I swear he had withdrawal symptoms. Well sweetie, enjoy your programme because you're about to get hit with a request to please clean the bathroom......, He is a lovely DH really, no real issues apart from the fact why does he need to be told what needs doing? All the time? Rubber gloves sweetheart ? ???

ginny Mon 01-Jan-18 19:46:46

Too soon !
about him taking on his share of the housework. He suggested a list but my feeling is that he is a grown man who is perfectly capable of realising when a top needs wiping, a floor needs sweeping or hoovering, veg need peeling etc. Chores lists are for Mums to leave for Boys. I am not married to a boy. I think we are gradually getting there.

Sunami2 Sun 11-Feb-18 07:44:49

40years together and I realise that he is not going to change but then neither am I! So he is untidy and does very little on the domestic front and I'm the domestic goddess or the scivvy depending on how my mood affects my perceptions.
But
I can choose to nurse resentment or to see all the ways he blesses me....
I've learned to lean towards the latter ...

ginny Sun 11-Feb-18 09:00:53

Further to my posts above, not much has changed. DH will hoover if asked but doesn’t seem to see for himself that it needs doing and sort out the dishwasher. Other things are still ignored. The other day I was going out and he said ‘is there anything needs doing ? ‘
I said there was some ironing and the bathroom could do with a going over. Came home , they were not touched. He will happily trot down to the town to get small amounts of shopping and is good at repairing things but is very selective as to what he is willing to do.

Cabbie21 Sun 11-Feb-18 17:38:00

DH and I ended up not speaking for an hour today. He cooked last night, a rarity, and I kept out of the kitchen. The only thing I did was to wipe the ceramic hob down afterwards, which I take care of.
This morning I found loads of mess in the sink, in the washing up bowl, and grains of rice, peas etc all over the floor. He didn’t like it when I had a go at him and tried to turn the tables on me.
I have to remind him of jobs he has agreed to do eg the bins or occasionally peel the potatoes. He does the garden, but Being winter he has not done anything in the garden for ages but he really does not do a fair share.
Life is not fair,

Christinefrance Sun 11-Feb-18 18:59:37

Sadly life is never fair Cabbie at least you only had an hour of not speaking. I can keep it up much longer than that.