Gransnet forums

Relationships

New babies this year?

(41 Posts)
grannyactivist Wed 02-Jan-19 00:44:52

Last year we welcomed two new grandchildren into the world, but there are none on the horizon for 2019. So, who's going to be a grandparent this year? Feel free to share the excitement here. smile

crazyH Thu 03-Jan-19 19:26:19

Lovely news Dannirae.....don't want to be controversial, but I think more women should wait till their late 30s, early 40s to have babies. That will give them a chance to see life, enjoy their holidays etc before settling down to marriage and children. There will be less divorces, less child cruelty and more financially solvent families .

grannyactivist Thu 03-Jan-19 20:57:01

DanniRae - that's really lovely news. Congratulations. Click on 'Watch this thread' (orange box above) to bookmark the thread then come back and tell us all about your new grandchild when s/he's born. [flower]

Luckygirl Thu 03-Jan-19 21:18:07

Breeding like rabbits, this lot!

Lots of good wishes to all expecting new GC - and GGC. I am hoping I have a while to wait for the latter - oldest GC is 15!

Greta8 Thu 03-Jan-19 21:45:48

I'm going to be a first-time granny in June. So excited!!! My only daughter is 28 and has been married for eighteen months. Our son-in-law is a lovely man and I think they will make great parents. We find out the baby's gender on Saturday!!!! How times have changed.

mcem Fri 04-Jan-19 13:39:40

Super Danni - join the expectant grans' club.
A friend of mine had her first at 42 and her second at 45! All fine!

DanniRae Fri 04-Jan-19 15:38:58

Thank you so much for all the messages I have received after I put on here about becoming a first time grandma.
All so wonderfully positive and so welcome!!
thanks and thanks to you all x

luluaugust Fri 04-Jan-19 16:44:33

We have all we are going to have, love them all to bits. Good luck to everyone looking forward to an addition this year. Carry on Grandparenting.

rafichagran Sun 06-Jan-19 13:23:03

I had a Grandchild in December, Ist girl as my partner and I have 4 boys between us.

khamase9 Mon 07-Jan-19 02:23:15

I'm but not grandfather but yes only father. I'm very happy and don't have words to express my feelings.

Mila1 Wed 09-Jan-19 07:37:30

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Emma49 Wed 09-Jan-19 08:23:46

My son and his wife are expecting their first child next week, our first granddaughter, we are really excited.

MawBroon Wed 09-Jan-19 09:24:53

Mila1 - why am I sceptical?
Reported.

B9exchange Wed 09-Jan-19 09:35:27

Grandchild No 7 due in February, love the other six to bits, but this one is to a couple we thought would never be able to have children, so very special news!

Nelliemoser Wed 09-Jan-19 09:49:15

When I first joined in 2012 when my first GS was announced there were a lot of people having grand babies.
Then there was quite a while we did not have have very many new babies.
Some statistician could make something of this.

Sunlover Wed 09-Jan-19 10:14:33

I had no grandkids at the start of 2018 and ended the year with 3. None on the horizon but I know daughter no 2 is planning on trying for a baby early this year.
Quite glad to have a break from pregnancy and birth as all three were fairly difficult and very stressful. Babies are all healthy and gorgeous.