Gransnet forums

Relationships

New babies this year?

(41 Posts)
grannyactivist Wed 02-Jan-19 00:44:52

Last year we welcomed two new grandchildren into the world, but there are none on the horizon for 2019. So, who's going to be a grandparent this year? Feel free to share the excitement here. smile

Sunlover Wed 09-Jan-19 10:14:33

I had no grandkids at the start of 2018 and ended the year with 3. None on the horizon but I know daughter no 2 is planning on trying for a baby early this year.
Quite glad to have a break from pregnancy and birth as all three were fairly difficult and very stressful. Babies are all healthy and gorgeous.

Nelliemoser Wed 09-Jan-19 09:49:15

When I first joined in 2012 when my first GS was announced there were a lot of people having grand babies.
Then there was quite a while we did not have have very many new babies.
Some statistician could make something of this.

B9exchange Wed 09-Jan-19 09:35:27

Grandchild No 7 due in February, love the other six to bits, but this one is to a couple we thought would never be able to have children, so very special news!

MawBroon Wed 09-Jan-19 09:24:53

Mila1 - why am I sceptical?
Reported.

Emma49 Wed 09-Jan-19 08:23:46

My son and his wife are expecting their first child next week, our first granddaughter, we are really excited.

Mila1 Wed 09-Jan-19 07:37:30

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

khamase9 Mon 07-Jan-19 02:23:15

I'm but not grandfather but yes only father. I'm very happy and don't have words to express my feelings.

rafichagran Sun 06-Jan-19 13:23:03

I had a Grandchild in December, Ist girl as my partner and I have 4 boys between us.

luluaugust Fri 04-Jan-19 16:44:33

We have all we are going to have, love them all to bits. Good luck to everyone looking forward to an addition this year. Carry on Grandparenting.

DanniRae Fri 04-Jan-19 15:38:58

Thank you so much for all the messages I have received after I put on here about becoming a first time grandma.
All so wonderfully positive and so welcome!!
thanks and thanks to you all x

mcem Fri 04-Jan-19 13:39:40

Super Danni - join the expectant grans' club.
A friend of mine had her first at 42 and her second at 45! All fine!

Greta8 Thu 03-Jan-19 21:45:48

I'm going to be a first-time granny in June. So excited!!! My only daughter is 28 and has been married for eighteen months. Our son-in-law is a lovely man and I think they will make great parents. We find out the baby's gender on Saturday!!!! How times have changed.

Luckygirl Thu 03-Jan-19 21:18:07

Breeding like rabbits, this lot!

Lots of good wishes to all expecting new GC - and GGC. I am hoping I have a while to wait for the latter - oldest GC is 15!

grannyactivist Thu 03-Jan-19 20:57:01

DanniRae - that's really lovely news. Congratulations. Click on 'Watch this thread' (orange box above) to bookmark the thread then come back and tell us all about your new grandchild when s/he's born. [flower]

crazyH Thu 03-Jan-19 19:26:19

Lovely news Dannirae.....don't want to be controversial, but I think more women should wait till their late 30s, early 40s to have babies. That will give them a chance to see life, enjoy their holidays etc before settling down to marriage and children. There will be less divorces, less child cruelty and more financially solvent families .

Grammaretto Thu 03-Jan-19 18:13:22

Such lovely news DanniRae.
I hope the pregnancy and birth go well.
Our DS and his partner were also older first time parents. Everything went well. They are stopping at one.

DanniRae Thu 03-Jan-19 16:51:07

My 45 year old daughter is giving us our first grandchild in May/June and we are all thrilled. Everyone assumes that she had IVF but no, it was all natural. I have longed to be a grandma and can't believe that my dream has come true! grin

lemongrove Wed 02-Jan-19 23:54:37

There won’t be any more in our family but we love the ones we have, and as we are very ‘hands on’Grandparents not sure we would want to start again with a baby to help look after, especially as we have planned a lot for this year.
But for those who are hoping for a grandchild, it will happen at some point.
We have several friends who bemoaned their lack of DGC but it happened eventually for them.??????

Grammaretto Wed 02-Jan-19 23:47:33

We're the same. We have accumulated car seats and high chair, cot and crib. Toys and stair gate. I don't think we'll have any more DGC We are very happy to have seven.

Maggiemaybe Wed 02-Jan-19 23:26:27

I know, I know, and I have been tempted.... I’ve taken one high chair of the matching pair to the charity shop, but no news so far! grin

Jalima1108 Wed 02-Jan-19 23:11:19

Oh, I wish! I’m told I’ve got all I’m getting, but I won’t be getting rid of all the paraphernalia yet, just in case.

But getting rid of all the paraphernalia is sometimes the trigger Maggiemaybe!

M0nica Wed 02-Jan-19 22:44:20

I have my 2 and do not expect more. DDiL is 50 this year and DD decided as a child that she never wanted a live-in partner or to have children. She is 45 and has never changed or even been marginally unsure about her decisions.

Anniebach Wed 02-Jan-19 13:49:30

ninaathenana I am not too hopeful, but there is some hope thank you.

ninathenana Wed 02-Jan-19 12:24:59

No Annie it's not unheard of.
DH had an appointment to give a sample as we had had trouble conceiving. The day before I did a test which proved positive after 12 yrs of trying.
Your DD may find that once the pressure is off things happen.

We will not have any more babies in our family. DD doen't carry well and both DGSx2 have health issues. I don't think DS will ever have a partner.

Maggiemaybe Wed 02-Jan-19 11:42:36

Oh, I wish! I’m told I’ve got all I’m getting, but I won’t be getting rid of all the paraphernalia yet, just in case. smile

Many congratulations to all of you who are looking forward to welcoming a new baby this year. flowers