Gransnet forums

Relationships

Issues with weight.

(61 Posts)
Jaye53 Wed 16-Jan-19 13:22:32

Oh dear I do think you need to get out ASAPcupcake I can't bear skinny men yuk . your not fat !

JenniferEccles Wed 16-Jan-19 13:15:23

???

mumofmadboys Wed 16-Jan-19 13:15:13

140Ibs is 10 stone. So at 5 '5" you must be pretty slim aren't you?

Silverlady79 Wed 16-Jan-19 13:12:55

Wow. Who raised these men? ?Stand in front of the mirror. Smile. Say out loud..I deserve more. Then go get it. Tell him to bog off RIGHT NOW. Honestly there can’t be anything worse about being alone, except being with him.

MawBroon Wed 16-Jan-19 12:55:29

Why are you asking?
Do you think his behaviour is reasonable or indeed common? There is not a single syllable in what he says which constitutes “reasonable behaviour”
Should you be angry?
I would not hang around long enough to even give him an answer.
As they say on Mumset - LTB
Lose the bastard.

crazyH Wed 16-Jan-19 12:48:26

What are you waiting for .....dump the skinny so-and-so. He is such a shallow nitwit. Isn't there something called love ?

sodapop Wed 16-Jan-19 12:34:42

Nothing more to add to previous posts Rubytuesday except to say - get the hell out of Dodge.

Ilovecheese Wed 16-Jan-19 12:23:12

You are not being unreasonable to be upset.
You will be being unreasonable if you stay with him.

janeainsworth Wed 16-Jan-19 12:18:21

Yes YABU to accept that sort of sh*t from anyone.
You should leave him as soon as possible.
That’s not something I usually say to people.

annsixty Wed 16-Jan-19 12:17:18

Why are you still with him?
Where is your own self esteem?
You surely deserve better.

Rubytuesday12 Wed 16-Jan-19 12:13:32

Hi. I'm a newbie on this site so not sure of protocol.
I am 64, 5'5, 140lbs, healthy other than occasional AF and taking beta blockers, statins, blood thinners.
My partner of eight years has always had issues with larger ladies (he's quite thin) and when I first met him on line my weight was at the top end of his preferred body size (143lbs) and I was on one occasion told I could do with losing a few pounds. He has just informed me that if I gain weight (regardless of the reason) he will neither love or fancy me and will have to look for another relationship. Also if I ever become so ill that I can't 'pleasure' him, although he would probably stay around to look after me, he would find someone else to fulfil his physical needs. He thinks this would be reasonable and if the boot was on the other foot he would give his blessing. Well I'm a bit miffed (to say the least!) to be honest. He's never been one for complimenting me, and he's probably told me (in anger) that he doesn't love me as often as he's told me that he does (and rarely spontaneously) and he does find it difficult to express emotions other than anger. Should I be angry about this or not. Am I being unreasonable? What do others think and if any guys read this I'd love to hear your opinions.