Gransnet forums

Relationships

Valentine plans

(164 Posts)
GabriellaG54 Mon 11-Feb-19 21:38:18

Has anyone planned an exciting/romantic/sexy evening on Thursday, unbeknown to their partner/husband/lover?
Have you decided on your gift to him/her or is it already wrapped and safely hidden.
E-card or real card?
Have you planned a special outfit in case he springs a surprise dinner at a Michelin starred restaurant?
Will you be cooking a Valentine's £20 dinner for two from a supermarket?
Do tell.
I'll be at my OH's house where he says there will be no expense spared. We won't be having alcohol as neither of us drink and I have given heavy hints about the food I will eat. After 5 years, I think that message has sunk in.
My presents to him are a cashmere sweater and silver cufflinks engraved with his and my initials.
Over to you...

MissAdventure Thu 14-Feb-19 20:41:09

I shall be aflame tonight.
Just had two cheese sandwiches and some pickled onions, so it'll be heartburn time for me.

phoenix Thu 14-Feb-19 20:52:22

In response to the OP, presents? WHY?

Quite a few years ago Mr P bought what was obviously an expensive Valentine's day card, and no, it was not one of those huge tacky ones, rather a beautiful handmade one, although not by him!

So, the tradition here is that each year, he writes a new message on it, I read it, and it goes back in its box until next year.

Presents are for birthdays and Christmas!

PECS Thu 14-Feb-19 21:10:23

Bathsheba Yes it is not because of muscles that's for sure! grin Like you I am not very mobile due to back problems so we are just enjoying a quiet evening together.. pretty much like any other evening!

Gonegirl Thu 14-Feb-19 21:12:14

I agree about presents. Just taking it too far. A society with more money than sense?

Gonegirl Thu 14-Feb-19 21:27:52

I'm sorry if that sounded grumpy.

Bathsheba Thu 14-Feb-19 22:25:40

I agree about presents too - flowers, or a romantic meal out (or at home!) are lovely, but presents? Aren't birthdays and Christmas enough for some people?

phoenix I love the sound of your recycled Valentine's card - that would mean more to me than an expensive gift ?

Gonegirl Thu 14-Feb-19 22:42:20

Chocolates are alright.

M0nica Fri 15-Feb-19 23:13:46

Or as Ogden Nash said; Candy is dandy, but liquor is quicker.

GabriellaG54 Sat 16-Feb-19 06:42:46

MissAdventure
Another grin.
I too love cheese sarnies and pickled onions which reminds me, I haven't any in my cupboards so it's time to hunt down the Baxters...and a jar of sliced beetroot too. Yummy.

GabriellaG54 Sat 16-Feb-19 06:51:59

Willow500
Since you were ELEVEN??
Blimey!
Must have been ? ??? puppy love.
Congrats grin

GabriellaG54 Sat 16-Feb-19 06:57:45

PECS
Petunia, Eloise, Charlie and Sophie.
How cute. wink

Ziggy62 Sat 16-Feb-19 09:36:34

oh my word, such sadness in some of the posts of this subject but thankfully lots of love and hope too.

After my first husband died (after 20 wonderful valentine's days) I then had 7 years alone before meeting my new husband. we married in September 2016 and this afternoon we're off to spend the night at the hotel we stayed at on our wedding night. Dinner booked with strawberries, chocolates and wine waiting in our room. On Thursday I received a beautiful card, bottle of prosecco and chocolates then had the most gorgeous bouquet of red roses delivered. I am so grateful for meeting a caring loving hard working honest man and hope we have many many more years of fun and happiness together.

I'm happy to celebrate finding love again on this day and every day.

Jalima1108 Sat 16-Feb-19 12:36:57

PECS
Petunia, Eloise, Charlie and Sophie.
How cute.

There was me thinking it was all to do with your impressive muscles, PECS!