Gransnet forums

Relationships

I miss my DiL

(56 Posts)
tanith Sat 27-Apr-19 10:51:01

My mil and I became good friends after her son and I divorced and became much closer in fact after her son died many years later myself and my husband became her only source of support until she sadly passed away at 93 last year.

Do make contact with her she sounds lovely.

maryeliza54 Sat 27-Apr-19 10:45:05

I agree- get in touch. I know several examples like this where mil and dil havea lovely relationship post split and where ds was an utter rat. I would’t personally say anything to him until it’s all a fait accompli - don’t give him the opportunity to veto what you want to do.

glammanana Sat 27-Apr-19 10:40:24

Can you meet your DIL for lunch and tell her how much you miss her cpmpany she sounds such a lovely person,possilby she doesn't know how to carry on your relationship after being let down so badly by your son.
Tell your son what you are doing and how much you miss her he has behaved badly and should know how much you are missing your DIL.

midgey Sat 27-Apr-19 10:29:30

I would think that she may be missing you too. Get in touch!

Jane10 Sat 27-Apr-19 10:26:38

It's only your son who has let her down. There's no reason for you to cut ties with her. Make contact. I'm sure she'll be glad of your support.

BabyLayla Sat 27-Apr-19 10:17:16

Just what it says, my son was married for 14 years we thought happily. My DiL was truly amazing and I loved ( still do) her so much for just being a lovely person, she looked after her family alongside working at a very taxing job. Sadly my son let her down by having a rather public affair.
They have children in late teens now so I know times move on and everyone is so busy. But I miss her so much. I do have 2 daughters and get on well with them but my DiL was so special, I don’t know what I’m expecting from posting but have woken this morning with an acute miss and wish tomorrow was going to be a chaotic Sunday lunch with kids and dogs everywhere and her happy to make the Yorkshire’s