Gransnet forums

Relationships

Adult Children

(78 Posts)
showergelfresh Sun 19-May-19 12:41:17

You love them but do you like them?
I’ve been thinking about this recently and wonder what others felt about their AC.
Do you like them?

grizzlybear27 Sat 03-Aug-19 13:36:21

I love both of my sons, but the youngest is the easiest. It wasn't always this way. The eldest has always been the most dominant. He and his ex wife have 3 children, who are wonderful. But he is very bitter after his ex cheated and left him, also has broken up with latest girlfriend. He seems to treat me, as if I am all the bad things about both women, lies etc., which I don't. He has broken off all contact with me, for last 2 months, but speaks to his Dad. We have emotionally and financially supported him.

paddyann Sat 03-Aug-19 15:31:27

I love and like both mine see them often , daily in my sons case .I used to see my daughter daily too until she moved away all of 35 miles but I dont drive so its hard to get to her.We do visit her a lot though because she has serious health issues .

They are both clearly our children,have the same interests and hobbies and talk a lot.just like us. They are both good hearted and helpful to anyone who needs help .My daughters newest friend says she's never met anyone so unselfish in her life.Even though she was struggling with
pain she still volunteered to look after her friends 3 children for a whole week while she sat with her dying mother.

Organised a cleaner and washing and ironing to be done while she was away and food in the fridge and wine for when she came back after her mothers funeral.Shes a woman I'm proud to call my daughter .If I could take her illness and see her well I'd do it in a heartbeat