Gransnet forums

Relationships

How can I have my idea of a perfect man?

(90 Posts)
grapefruitpip Fri 08-Nov-19 19:16:23

The one I have is sadly deficient. He goes days without speaking, never washes the bath mat and refuses to ask for directions when lost.

Whenever I am lingering over my cheese and ham toastie in our local garden centre, he claims he needs to leave.
Also shelving issues, I wish my nick nacks to be displayed nicely, he claims he needs an extra fitting for his drill.

I'm not sure how to progress.

Hetty58 Sat 09-Nov-19 20:14:37

Wouldn't a perfect man be a bit boring in reality? I do like a challenge!

Notthatoldyet9 Sat 09-Nov-19 20:25:19

All pretty tame stuff
But what if he suddenly was not there ?

petra Sat 09-Nov-19 20:34:00

pce612
Same here. I haven't cooked or shopped for food for 20 yrs.
When he goes away on his hobby he makes sure I have everything in. I get flowers and chocolate most weeks. If I go out with the girls (local) he will take me and pick me up.

I don't have to mention DIY issues as he just fixes things.
I do know how lucky I am, and so does he ?

hulahoop Sat 09-Nov-19 21:11:36

I don't think I would want the perfect man he would love himself too much and couldn't compete .

MiniDriver56 Sat 09-Nov-19 23:28:40

Wash the bath mat! Call someone to put up the shelves and pay them, buy husband a sat nav for Christmas! Simples!! ?

Kim19 Sun 10-Nov-19 12:27:23

N9, if it's 'suddenly not there' we adapt, survive and lick our wounds in private. Second best life indeed but not a choice, unfortunately.

cas58 Sun 10-Nov-19 18:20:53

MawB you almost made me spit out my tea! LOL!

jeanie99 Wed 13-Nov-19 18:41:18

If you find the perfect man I'd love an introduction.

He doesn't exist neither does the perfect women.

beverly10 Wed 27-Nov-19 15:27:21

Whywhy why.l
Then you would be asking for the perfect femalegrin

M0nica Wed 27-Nov-19 16:23:49

I would hate to have the perfect man, insufferable and boring, its the imperfections that make the difference.

Anyway I am so emphatically not the perfect woman, what ever that may be.

Barmeyoldbat Wed 27-Nov-19 17:01:28

Start to put the shelves up yourself, he will soon take over.

Czlleston, do you drive? if so take a spare car key and leave him at Lidl while you go to White Stuff, tell him you will meet him later.

As for the perfect man, no one is perfect and though mine will do any job around the house even without asking he drives me nuts with his piles of stuff dotted around various places. I am afraid you have to take the good with the bad, just look at his good points.

MissAdventure Wed 27-Nov-19 17:08:02

The trick is to find the man who is perfect for YOU.

EllanVannin Wed 27-Nov-19 18:16:17

Parsley, at least he'll know which way his underpants go----pee stains at the front, marmite at the back.

sodapop Wed 27-Nov-19 22:03:31

Spot on MissAdventure smile