Gransnet forums

Relationships

Non Molestation Order , any had any dealings with one.

(32 Posts)
bikergran Wed 05-Feb-20 15:08:21

Dd is having constand abusive txt , emails ,msgs for over the 2 year seperation.

Today dd went to local police station to ask is therer anything that can be done{long story wont go into private details)

Not Physical abuse but mental.

Young police person didn't seem interested in helping, she but it down to "Bickering"! hmmm I don't think so

Just wondering if anyone has any experience of this order.

Will pop back later, thanks in advance.

janeainsworth Tue 02-Feb-21 19:44:53

This thread was started over a year ago.
I hope the OP’s DD has managed to deal with the problem by now confused

ElaineI Tue 02-Feb-21 19:49:16

Get her to screen shot the messages and save them then block him from everything and set privacy settings to private, DD got lots of help from Woman's Aid. She had the police round last night and they advised video doorbell. (not the subscription one). Also to call them if she was frightened at all at any time. And they checked doors and windows for security. Go back to police station with either yourself or trusted friend.

TwiceAsNice Wed 03-Feb-21 12:43:21

I would change your number, he kept trying to contact me even after the court case, I changed it o police advice. I took my ex husband to court for domestic violence/ abuse. I got a 5 year restraining order and he was convicted of assault . Victim support and Women’s Aid were amazing ! I had varying response from the police some good some not so good, my ex husband was a very good manipulative liar . I wish you well don’t give up.

JuneRose Sat 06-Feb-21 22:38:41

Having been through something very similar my advice would be to stop responding to the text messages at all. In replying she fuels his vendetta of abuse. Men like this believe their anger is justified and they blame everyone but themselves. In my case the police did take details of the abusive messages and log the threatening phone calls, ie when my ex threatened to come round and smash the door in, in the middle of the night (even though his kids were asleep in the house). Your dd will get through this traumatic time in her life with your support and love but I would follow the advice given above and go back to the police, find the right department and get these messages on record. Wishing your dd strength and hope - this time will pass Xx

Trike Thu 18-Feb-21 17:22:09

It would be wonderful if anyone has some advice for me. I used to work for a Women's Aid group with a refuge so I have some experience I dealing with the subject. However, my daughter disclosed that her husband had been violent to her about 4 years previously, and the police were called...told her to leave! Not so simple, with two young children.

He has continued to be physically, on occasion, but constantly emotionally abusive. It is now nine months since she declared that she would divorce him. We have, obviously, told her that we would support her in whatever she chooses to do. I have given her contacts so that she can get up to date legal and financial advice, which she says she will follow up, but never does . Her communication with us is intermittent, and I have found out that she has totally cut off contact with her two best friends of 20 and 40years. She lives about 20 minutes drive from us, and since my husband and I have had the vaccine, we had hoped to try to see her and the children. However, in no uncertain terms, we were told to stay away, not to come to the house. This is not the person any of us know. She always said that she would never ever put up with abuse.

I imagine that she is ground down, probably depressed, not able to contemplate to process of the means of moving on, and could be pre menopausal. But she promises to let us come over, but always has an excuse. She works from home, so speaks to clients. However, the only person she allows contact with her, is her abuser, who she describes as a monster.

I know that she will only do something when she chooses, but I am desperately worried about her and the children, who are not in school, at the moment, and don't know if there is anything I can do.

Blue5 Thu 18-Feb-21 21:05:03

Trike
After a similar experience with my daughter I understand how worried you are . Just keep trying to talk to her and support her in any way you can . You cannot make her leave until she's ready . I'm surprised that children's services were nor involved when the police were called as when there are children are involved they usually get involved . Its not easy knowing that your daughter is not in a good relationship and I will be thinking of you as I know it will consume your life too . Take care