Gransnet forums

Relationships

Separate bedrooms

(129 Posts)
Foxgloveandroses Fri 14-Aug-20 00:16:52

A couple of months ago my husband and I decided enough was enough, we came to the conclusion we needed separate bedrooms.
We are just not compatible at night, I snore (apparently) and keep him awake. I get too hot he gets too cold, I like silence he likes to listen to the radio as he drifts of to sleep or read his iPad and that light annoys me.
We were never touchy feely anyway and for the last year my husband has had disturbed sleep having to get up in the night and move to the spare room next door. So we thought, why are we bothering in the first place! So now we go to our own rooms and meet up occasionally if the moment takes us.
Does anyone else have a similar set up?

Horti Thu 27-Aug-20 07:23:44

I think a good nights rest is the most important thing
If you have medical or snoring issues it makes a lot of sense
Also in our case different sleep clocks -it saves disturbing each other

eazybee Thu 27-Aug-20 09:24:34

Sleeping separately is fine as long as it is a mutual agreement.
I gather from friends who discuss their sleeping arrangements, frequently Too Much Information, that the wives have made the choice, and the husbands have been banished, unwillingly, to the spare room, which seems rather sad and rather unfair to me.
No divorces, but two affairs.

Abracadabra Thu 27-Aug-20 19:47:00

CarlyD7

I would love to sleep in separate bedrooms but hubby won't entertain it (in fact, got a bit upset when I suggested it). So we've compromised with a bigger bed! But I'm still hoping he'll agree one day.

Same here Carly. I’m envious of all those with their own rooms, I’d love it but my husband is exactly the same as yours