Gransnet forums

Relationships

Husband’s Indifference.

(81 Posts)
Londonwifi Tue 18-Aug-20 23:05:13

AIBU to be miffed about my husband’s indifference toward me? I have a urine infection which got quite bad and I have a lot of pain in my tummy. However, I have a high pain threshold. That means if I am mentioning it then it is very, very painful. Three times this evening I have told him and his response was
1) oh look at the grain in the wood isn’t it lovely? (Youtube video he was watching)
2) That boat’s doing 25 knots! (A different YouTube video)
3) I think I’ll have an apple.
The third time I told him was in the kitchen, side by side, no distractions!
He often does this to me and it’s not because I’m a complainer or a hypochondriac because I’m neither. When I ask him outright about it he says he never heard me even when we are looking each other in the face. By the way there is nothing wrong with his hearing!

Londonwifi Sun 23-Aug-20 13:59:36

Thank you all for your sympathy and advice and to you LuckyFour - aren’t men just awful sometimes?

geekesse Sun 23-Aug-20 14:25:36

Gosh, I love threads like this! It makes me so grateful that, as a long-time divorced woman, I don’t have to share my home with an ageing husband. I can’t imagine why many of you stay married.

Horti Thu 27-Aug-20 07:40:08

My DH seems to get aggressive when there is any illness around eg can get very nasty if dinner is late due some health issue in the family
I don't think he can cope with the disruption
It’s appalling really
He is also a hypochondriac himself and endlessly worrying about his own health
I don’t think he likes anyone other than himself getting ‘ attention ‘

Puzzled Sun 06-Sep-20 11:52:10

Presumably you are talking to the Doctor about your UTI?
Possibly a course of antibiotics might clear it up.
My DW is a great believer in cranberry tablets to ward off evil spirits.
She has never forgotten the bouts of cystitis from the early days of our marriage.
If it needs saying, make sure that you both wash before any lovemaking.
They may not be so appealing, but cotton knickers help the area to breathe.

welbeck Sun 06-Sep-20 12:58:41

i don't believe it's genetic, in most cases surely it's conditioned behaviour. on both parts.
how about the younger generation. how many of you think your sons/in law behave like this, or that your daughters/in law would tolerate it for long.