Gransnet forums

Relationships

Why does partner want trial separation

(105 Posts)
Mambypamby Wed 04-Nov-20 18:01:16

My live in partner of two and a half years has decided he doesn't know what he wants and wants a trial separation over lockdown so he can decide if he wants to be with me. I am feeling deflated and discarded- is this a gentle let down? He says there's nobody else, he doesn't know why he feels like this but he wants to see his adult kids more (they live in the matrimonial home). None of it makes sense. I want to just call it a day because I can't cope with uncertainty

Mambypamby Sat 07-Nov-20 10:20:14

Thank you Sashabel I do feel his behaviour is manipulative and that is the nub of it. I am not going to let it drag on and am taking some time and head space to decide if knowing this about him is what I want for the future.

Delila Sat 07-Nov-20 12:44:20

Very useful information about changing a lock yourself - thankyou for that Sashabel. I just watched a video which shows that it really is very simple.

Sashabel Sat 07-Nov-20 14:35:47

Delila - yes, it's a doddle. The only thing that I would add is if you are thinking of changing your locks, look at getting "anti-snap" locks instead of the standard cylinder replacements. If you look at the videos on sites such as www.abs-secure.co.uk or www.ultion.co.uk you will see what I mean. It's frightening how easy it is to gain access via a simple cylinder lock! All my locks are now ABS Snap Secure locks now

Delila Sat 07-Nov-20 20:27:55

Thanks again Sashabel.