Gransnet forums

Relationships

This is freaking me out - relative claiming she has second sight

(91 Posts)
B9exchange Mon 08-Feb-21 14:20:51

To try and explain, I found a distant relative in the USA and went over to visit her a few years ago. She gave us a lovely time, all seemed fine, and we continued to correspond.

She fell for a rather unsuitable truck driver who was on drugs, and eventually when she found out she had the sense to kick him out. He was found dead in his truck having a couple of days later, taken an overdose. This was about three years ago. Ever since that time she has been convinced that he is speaking to her, and has he has become an angel in her eyes. She was due to come and stay with us and we planned we would show her the sights last October, obviously cancelled.

In an email last Autumn, she wrote that this now deceased chap was telling her that in January 2021 she would meet a new lifetime partner and gave the same Christian name as himself. He also told her that Donald Trump would be assassinated in February at his Mar a Lago golf club.

This week I had another email telling me that her life partner had turned up in January as exactly as her late boyfriend had predicted, and that the new partner had an enormous house with 5 bathrooms and its own private cinema, which she would be moving into next month.

That has freaked me out, wondering if her prediction about Trump will also come true. I can't stand the man, but I wouldn't wish anyone dead, and if it happened as she said, I would feel very uncomfortable with her coming to see us later this year (also predicted, apparently!)

I don't know how to reply to her latest email, obviously I need to wish her new relationship well, but the thought of having a medium in my house later this year is making me very uncomfortable, I was always brought up to have nothing at all to do with the occult. It may be that CV-19 will delay things, but I can't put her off for ever! What would your reaction be?

cornishpatsy Tue 09-Feb-21 16:32:55

I am sure there are many who like me were a medium before lockdown.

Extra baking and less activity I am now a large.

FarNorth Tue 09-Feb-21 16:39:04

As they're both planning on visiting, I'd ask them to book somewhere else rather than stay in your home.
If the guy is so loaded, that won't be a problem to them.

Sonatina7 Tue 09-Feb-21 16:44:39

As Shakespeare said, 'There are more things betwixt heaven and earth Horatio, than are dreamt in your philosophy'. One never knows!

songstress60 Tue 09-Feb-21 21:33:13

I love anything to do with the occult as I find it fascinating and I believe we have a foot in both worlds. I would want her to come and visit.

DaisyL Wed 10-Feb-21 09:15:48

Have you actually see photos of her with the new man and the house in the same photo? Does he/it exist? I'm just an old sceptic but it all sounds unlikely to me.

B9exchange Wed 10-Feb-21 10:23:33

She has given me the address of the house so I can look it up on Googlemaps, (and it is big and as she described it), but as yet no photos of the new man. She would not be coming over before October anyway, so I can usefully say we have no idea what will be happening by then. She talks about going out to buy furniture for the new house, I suppose so she can feel more at home when she moves in next month. I am awaiting developments!

vissos Wed 10-Feb-21 13:41:25

I would love a friend with second sight, or some kind of other worldliness. Love all that stuff but am an on-the-fence kind of person (+ very suspicious & cynical), tho had an interesting (& very scary) dabble with a Ouija board, which went much further, when (much) younger.
I don't understand all the people who are telling you to drop your friend/relative with very little evidence. I would look forward to her visit, but suggest they stay in a hotel - having even good friends stay for more than a couple of days can be very stressful. And a lot of work!

Esspee Wed 10-Feb-21 14:05:37

Greciangirl

Do you really want a double dose of her and the boyfriend spouting mumbo jumbo, Espee?

Sorry Greciangirl. The only thing I said on this subject on here is that the relative is crazy.......but perhaps I shouldn’t comment.
I don’t understand your response above?

Esspee Wed 10-Feb-21 14:22:27

polnan, NotTooOld and B9exchange sincere apologies. I have only just come back to this thread and see you asked me what I was referring to.
I did write a thread about the “weird thing that happened today” under the Bereavement topic. You can look it up if you are interested.
I don’t believe in the supernatural but the incident was comforting.

Mollygo Wed 10-Feb-21 16:27:20

cornishpatsy

??? I feel you’re not taking this seriously cornishpatsy

Lauren59 Thu 11-Feb-21 01:50:50

This is a brilliant response!

Lauren59 Thu 11-Feb-21 01:55:01

EllanVannin

Just tell her not to " bring her work " with her.

My comment above was meant for EllanVannin.

Lauren59 Thu 11-Feb-21 01:57:27

cornishpatsy

Thank you for the laugh, Cornishpatsy!

Mistymoocake Fri 12-Feb-21 15:40:25

I think this poor lady is feeling a bit guilty, ( not that she has any need to be) and is trying to compensate by believing he still cares for her. When someone wishes something to happen they usually go out to get it hence the gentleman she is seeing. She went to places where these type of people are and had the confidence to act. Problem is she may be going into the relationship for all the wrong reasons. Hopefully all will be fine. regarding trump that is a wait and see. I hope she is wrong (I don't like him either) as I wish no one ill will. I would see how things go and make a decision when the time comes.

B9exchange Fri 12-Feb-21 17:36:02

Thanks MMCake that's another way of looking at it. I think it is a major achievement to have found anyone in the middle of a major pandemic, let alone someone prepared to go with your odd theories and let you move in and change the furniture! I will heave a sigh of relief when March 1st comes, I hope!