Gransnet forums

Relationships

This is freaking me out - relative claiming she has second sight

(90 Posts)
NotTooOld Mon 08-Feb-21 16:36:43

Oh, I'd let her come. Should be an interesting visit. If you don't believe in it it shouldn't bother you. Come back, Espee - what happened?

Callistemon Mon 08-Feb-21 16:31:31

JaneJudge

I'd wait until 1st March until you make a decision

I was just thinking the same!

B9exchange Mon 08-Feb-21 16:29:50

Do tell Espee? smile

polnan Mon 08-Feb-21 15:57:50

o.k Espee,, what is that was weird that happened to you?

I am not sure I believe, but it does interest me...

AmberSpyglass Mon 08-Feb-21 15:44:01

She’s talking nonsense and is probably quite unwell. Just because you’ve seen pictures of the house doesn’t mean she’s going to be living in it! Based on everything you’ve said, she’s either a fantasist or delusional - or simply lying for attention. I’d cut contact if I were you.

Scribbles Mon 08-Feb-21 15:43:03

I'd wish her well in the new relationship and ask if she intends to bring the new SO when she comes to visit? I'd also ask if she knows the winning numbers for the next Euromillions draw.?

Before she visits, let her know politely but firmly that you're uncomfortable with the second sight stuff and, while in your house, she is to keep any visions etc to herself.

Personally, if I liked the woman and got on well with her, I'd be happy for her to visit despite the mumbojumbo. I suppose because that's the way I regard such stuff, I'd feel I could ignore it or laugh at it. But, as has been said on GN many times: your house, your rules.

B9exchange Mon 08-Feb-21 15:38:03

I don't think she is making it up, she has sent me photos of the house! I don't want to believe there is anything in it, but have to confess I will heave a sigh of relief if we get to 1st March without a major news flash. Of course if she is right, then I will have freaked you lot out as well, sorry! grin

Esspee Mon 08-Feb-21 15:26:55

? Oopsadaisy1?

Oopsadaisy1 Mon 08-Feb-21 15:12:28

Well if you cancel her visit she won’t be surprised will she?
She’ll have seen it already.

Grandmabatty Mon 08-Feb-21 14:43:50

You don't know for sure if she actually has met someone like that. She could be making it up. If you are unsure about hosting her then you don't have to. Cite rules where you live regarding covid.

JaneJudge Mon 08-Feb-21 14:33:49

I'd wait until 1st March until you make a decision

Esspee Mon 08-Feb-21 14:30:51

She sounds crazy. It’s up to you whether you wish to host her or not.
I had something really weird happen to me this morning so perhaps I shouldn’t be commenting.

EllanVannin Mon 08-Feb-21 14:27:54

Just tell her not to " bring her work " with her.

Poppyred Mon 08-Feb-21 14:24:33

She’s not wasting any time is she?? ??. Sorry I don’t have any constructive advice.

B9exchange Mon 08-Feb-21 14:20:51

To try and explain, I found a distant relative in the USA and went over to visit her a few years ago. She gave us a lovely time, all seemed fine, and we continued to correspond.

She fell for a rather unsuitable truck driver who was on drugs, and eventually when she found out she had the sense to kick him out. He was found dead in his truck having a couple of days later, taken an overdose. This was about three years ago. Ever since that time she has been convinced that he is speaking to her, and has he has become an angel in her eyes. She was due to come and stay with us and we planned we would show her the sights last October, obviously cancelled.

In an email last Autumn, she wrote that this now deceased chap was telling her that in January 2021 she would meet a new lifetime partner and gave the same Christian name as himself. He also told her that Donald Trump would be assassinated in February at his Mar a Lago golf club.

This week I had another email telling me that her life partner had turned up in January as exactly as her late boyfriend had predicted, and that the new partner had an enormous house with 5 bathrooms and its own private cinema, which she would be moving into next month.

That has freaked me out, wondering if her prediction about Trump will also come true. I can't stand the man, but I wouldn't wish anyone dead, and if it happened as she said, I would feel very uncomfortable with her coming to see us later this year (also predicted, apparently!)

I don't know how to reply to her latest email, obviously I need to wish her new relationship well, but the thought of having a medium in my house later this year is making me very uncomfortable, I was always brought up to have nothing at all to do with the occult. It may be that CV-19 will delay things, but I can't put her off for ever! What would your reaction be?