Gransnet forums

Relationships

Camilla for Queen?

(113 Posts)
mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 14-May-21 11:37:51

How do people feel now about Camilla becoming Queen? There have been huge changes in the Royal Family and the Queen is a very old lady now. Never personally been a fan of Camilla probably due to the fact there were 3 in my marriage as well and felt sympathy for Diana. But there is no denying the fact that Camilla and Charles are ideally suited and love one another. I think Charles and Diana would never have worked Camilla or not now with hindsight. Views?

Daisend1 Fri 14-May-21 13:28:56

Diana is, in death Princess of Wales until the death of the queen when Charles becomes monarch.
William, and Catherine then become the new Prince and Princess of Wales.

Santana Fri 14-May-21 13:49:53

Blossoming

I don’t really care.

Me neither!

Callistemon Fri 14-May-21 13:54:41

vegansrock

Can one of you constitutional experts tell me what would happen if Charles died tomorrow would Andrew then become the heir? As next son of monarch?

No.

William
George
Charlotte
Louis
Harry
Archie
The new baby of Harry and Meghan
Andrew

Callistemon Fri 14-May-21 13:55:12

I'm not a constitutional expert but I can use Google

Nanof3 Fri 14-May-21 14:01:34

I think Charles would have been much happier if he had married Camilla instead of Diana.

Grany Fri 14-May-21 14:08:27

I think people think the Queen was monarchy Won't be the same with Charles and descendants Would people like a choice not hereditary? Charles did plenty of lobbying government, he will still get involved in politics laws. We have now discovered that queen had a say vetted over 1000 laws when most people believe that Head of State doesn't involve him/herself in politics.

Lin52 Fri 14-May-21 14:10:26

WishIwasyounger

I don't mind either way: they seem suited and love one another, and that's the main thing surely. My understanding is that she'll be called Consort or something similar.

Totally agree, this lady has has and is doing much for this country, they are a loving couple, and having met her briefly she is very gracious. I have read she will be Consort. Let him without sin and all that!

nanna8 Fri 14-May-21 14:23:02

I think she is very dignified and would be a good person as the wife of the King. She won’t rock the boat and she will blend into the background.

Katie59 Fri 14-May-21 14:32:31

The logical answer
Is King Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall
As Queen Elizabeth and the Duke of Edinburgh

Philip and Albert both had their own hereditary titles as well
Camilla does not
Not Princess of Wales that will pass to Catherine
Wether logic prevails we will see

3nanny6 Fri 14-May-21 14:33:50

Of course you have every right to have an opinion Alima and yours is yours.

The thing is Camilla did not give birth to Prince Charles sons as she was married to someone else and had her children to a different man. With all that went on the two of them had their relationship behind the back of Princess Diana and if that has made the youngest son of Prince Charles "woke " as you put it, then perhaps the actions of other adults haver made him that way.

sodapop Fri 14-May-21 15:06:04

No responsibility for himself then 3nanny6

Ladyleftfieldlover Fri 14-May-21 15:06:54

Happily Andrew is a long way down the order of succession.
As others have said, William comes after Charles and then George, Charlotte and Louis.
Legally, when Charles becomes King, his wife becomes Queen.
What I thought odd was that Victoria made Albert Prince Consort, but HMQ didn’t do the same for Philip.
Yes, Charles and Camilla seem happy a d they should been allowed to marry in their 20s.

Maggiemaybe Fri 14-May-21 15:23:39

I thought Philip became Prince Consort when the Queen granted him the title of Prince in 1957?

Mind you, I get all my constitutional knowledge from Google and watching The Crown.

rafichagran Fri 14-May-21 15:35:57

I like Camilla, and dont mind at all of she is called Queen Camilla.
Why do some people dislike Camilla because Dianna said there are 3 in this marriage. She should not have said that, I have a son 6 months younger than William, I got divorced under similar circumstances, but would never make s statement like that. I would not want my children to think badly of there Dad. I never got the adoration of Dianna.
Whatever Camilla is called I think she is good for Charles.

Anniebach Fri 14-May-21 15:37:41

Why do so many believe Camilla married Parker Bowles because she couldn’t marry Charles ? Because we are constantly told so. They had a relationship when young as did we all, it ended, he was in the navy, she fell for Andrew.

If Charles was having an affair with Camilla when he married Diana why didn’t her sister tell her ? she had a relationship with
Charles.

Charles is Godfather to Camilla’s son, Anne had a relationship
with Parker Bowles, he is Godfather to Zara.

Charles was having an affair with Kanga Tyron not Camilla before he married Diana. Charles and Camilla were part of
a country set , they were friends, both had unhappy marriages
and had an affair.

Diana made the claims of an affair with Camilla , she also
claimed Charles was having an affair with Tiggy and Tiggy had
an abortion, the Legge Bourke’s were going to sue Diana but didn’t out of respect of the Queen.

grannylyn65 Fri 14-May-21 15:42:09

Alima
Yet you always do

Grany Fri 14-May-21 15:51:39

3nanny6

Of course you have every right to have an opinion Alima and yours is yours.

The thing is Camilla did not give birth to Prince Charles sons as she was married to someone else and had her children to a different man. With all that went on the two of them had their relationship behind the back of Princess Diana and if that has made the youngest son of Prince Charles "woke " as you put it, then perhaps the actions of other adults haver made him that way.

Reading beyond the headlines and it sounds a lot like Harry is coming around to opposing the monarchy. It's clearly not good for the royals, it's definitely not good for Britain. Time to bring the show to an end.

He said he had been forced to “grin and bear it”, but added: “I’ve seen behind the curtain, I’ve seen the business model, I know how this operation runs and how it works. I don’t want to be part of this.

Anniebach Fri 14-May-21 15:56:46

Harry doesn’t want to be part of the royal family but wants to
keep talking , talking, talking and using his title, hypocrite

biglouis Fri 14-May-21 16:05:57

I feel sad that Charles did not have the balls to propose when they first went out, and stand out against all those in the family who felt Camilla was not grand enough. Instead he dithered around and she married Parker Bowles. Things would have been very different if these two had married while younger. Diana would never have happened. I liked Diana but she was totally wrong for Charles.

I would be quite happy to see Camilla as queen and have no strong feelings on the matter. According to protocol the wife of the king is automatically the queen consort.

maddyone Fri 14-May-21 16:14:34

Camilla should be entitled Queen Consort when Charles becomes king. I quite like what I see of Camilla now.

Callistemon Fri 14-May-21 16:45:21

Time to bring the show to an end.

I agree, he should learn when it is best to keep quiet.

vegansrock Fri 14-May-21 18:48:52

I couldn’t care less if Camilla is called Queen it’s all a load of baloney anyway If you believe in the notion of royalty then Harry is perfectly entitled to use the Prince title as that’s what he was born with and whatever he says or does he has that title as it’s all about the blood line.

ElaineI Fri 14-May-21 18:55:50

Bring on the referendum hmm

Sueki44 Fri 14-May-21 18:59:35

Not Queen , in any shape or form.

Mollygo Fri 14-May-21 19:02:48

The press/media is having a heyday with all this, including saying MM and H will divorce.
I do hope that doesn’t happen, because neither of them will agree to the other having custody. MM would stay over there, but would H want to come home?