Gransnet forums

Relationships

Camilla for Queen?

(113 Posts)
mrsgreenfingers56 Fri 14-May-21 11:37:51

How do people feel now about Camilla becoming Queen? There have been huge changes in the Royal Family and the Queen is a very old lady now. Never personally been a fan of Camilla probably due to the fact there were 3 in my marriage as well and felt sympathy for Diana. But there is no denying the fact that Camilla and Charles are ideally suited and love one another. I think Charles and Diana would never have worked Camilla or not now with hindsight. Views?

Polly12 Sun 04-Jul-21 18:18:08

Anniebach

Yes Polly12 so if the letter was a lie what else were lies ?

But you can’t swap and change like that!! As I understand it, you think that Diana frequently lied, so why are you quoting what she (possibly) said in a letter?

Calendargirl Sun 04-Jul-21 19:26:26

User7777

Irrelevant really. It's going to be King William next.

No it’s not.

rubysong Sun 04-Jul-21 20:19:03

Yes, I would be happy for Camilla to be Queen. She has been very good for Prince Charles and deserves to be Queen.

dolphindaisy Sun 04-Jul-21 20:43:11

I'm always surprised when people say William should be the next king instead of Charles, the monarchy is not like the X -Factor where people vote for their favourite. William appears to be a devoted husband and father and I'm sure he would prefer to spend more time with his family before taking on the demanding role of King.

As far as Camilla is concerned, I seem to remember that in the past she has said that she has no wish to be Queen.

NotTooOld Sun 04-Jul-21 22:52:22

Oh yes, she should be Queen consort. She makes him happy it's plain to see. There's been much water under the bridge since Diana died. They both made mistakes but don't we all?

Humbley Fri 30-Jul-21 00:01:28

I personally don't like Camilla and haven't liked the way Charles treated Diana . I know this can't happen but I think for the countries interest Charles should step down and William become King. I'm hoping the Queen stays around for a long time. I also think that Harry will bring down the monarchy with the way he treats the Queen and the other royals.

GagaJo Fri 30-Jul-21 00:47:03

No. She had an affair with the future king while the mother of his children, the intended queen, was alive. And then took advantage of the tragic death of that women to marry her affair partner.

Not queen.

Eloethan Fri 30-Jul-21 01:10:24

I wish they would all step down.

nanna8 Fri 30-Jul-21 02:06:33

She would be really good but it won’t happen because she is not in line for the throne. She is dignified, sensible and a decent person from all accounts.

denbylover Fri 30-Jul-21 03:54:15

I agree Camilla is good for Prince Charles, he’s a man I think who likes to be looked after as well as being centre stage. Queen Consort is ok for her, I don’t respect her or him for that matter despite all their publicised works. Both were disloyal in their marriages, Diana was too, but only when she realised that Camilla had never ‘gone away’! Strange life tho, surrounded from cradle to grave by sycophants.

Calendargirl Fri 30-Jul-21 06:54:59

And then took advantage of that tragic death to marry her affair partner

Diana died in 1997. Charles and Camilla married in 2005, eight years later. They hardly dashed to the altar before Diana was cold! Would you rather they had never married, and just remained as lovers? People would be saying it’s time he made an honest woman of her.

Yesterday would have been Charles and Diana’s Ruby wedding. C and C have been wed for 16 years now, their marriage is already longer in duration than theirs.

Huge mistakes were made in the past by all concerned, but no one can deny how happy and settled Charles and Camilla seem now, and long may it continue.

Of course she should be Queen Consort.

Anniebach Fri 30-Jul-21 08:49:13

Charles was allegedly having an affair with Camilla long before
he married, not a hint in the press, nothing said by the girls he
had relationships with, not even Diana’s sister, grandmother,
father.