Gransnet forums

Relationships

DH always trying to see what I’m doing on my iPad.

(30 Posts)
Bashful Tue 20-Jul-21 23:52:03

If my DH comes into the room I’m in or comes over to me while I’m on my iPad he’ll bend over, give me a kiss while trying to see what’s on my iPad screen. It’s annoying because I suppose the kiss is meant to be a distraction from what he’s really trying to do. He could just ask me and I’d tell him or show him. Simple!
Other times, I genuinely switch off when he approaches to give him my full attention in case he wants to speak or whatever and he immediately shouts, “ Why do you always switch from what you’re doing when I come over?” Sometimes it’ll escalate into him screeching at me and stomping about even though I’ve calmly told him why I switched off or switched screens.
Tonight I’ve just about had enough. The thing is that he is so secretive with anything he does, especially his phone. He has always locked it so I could never access it (not that I’ve any inclination to!)
What to do? There’s no talking to him about it and I don’t see why I should have to prove what I’m doing or reading every time.

Ladyleftfieldlover Wed 21-Jul-21 19:55:58

cornishpatsy

Maybe he doesn’t trust you. Ask him why he wants to know and why he does the same with his phone.

There are many couples on here that do not communicate. If people want to know something about their partner why would anyone on a forum know when they themselves do not.

I agree Cornish Pasty. Communication is so important. I’m not really generalising here, but men aren’t the best at trying to work out what someone is trying to say when they’re not using actual words.

Bashful Wed 21-Jul-21 22:00:38

Cornishpatsy - I suppose most people who ask questions on a forum such as this do not expect people to know the answer to a personal problem they have. They might just have no-one else to ask and want to hear some views.

timetogo2016 Thu 22-Jul-21 09:57:34

Yes,i agree with the first few posts,somethings amiss.

winterwhite Thu 22-Jul-21 12:27:22

Perhaps just idle curiosity? And /or a feeling that it's a bit of an anti-social activity when there are others around. My DH is inclined to do it as well, and I do say Just a minute and then stop, because I think that continuing is rather rude. He uses his phone very little which may make the difference.