Gransnet forums

Relationships

A romantic proposal of marriage.

(107 Posts)
Yammy Mon 09-Jan-23 16:31:32

If you have been proposed to was it romantic and did you accept?
I have been proposed to twice in my life {not boasting] once after a whirlwind romance. It took part on a dark night in the middle of a foot bridge over a lovely river. With spires and medieval buildings all around us.The perfect setting and the promise of a life of bliss.
The other was after a ball. Three sheets to the wind in a long dress and high heels,I was challenged to balance along a long low wall outside a public building and promised a ring the next day, I said I would try if the proposer did first and succeded.
Which do you think I accepted?wink

Deedaa Thu 19-Jan-23 10:37:26

DH said he wanted to marry me after our second date in 1969. After another 3 months we decided that perhaps we might give it a go. I remember him asking my father for my hand - I was 23 and my father was only to glad to get rid of me grin

stillaspringchicken Thu 19-Jan-23 19:12:24

Never been proposed to but I have done the proposing, and very nerve-wracking it was too! (he said yes)

LOUISA1523 Thu 19-Jan-23 19:22:36

Im 58....Never been proposed to....never been married...been with my partner since 1986

LauraNorderr Thu 19-Jan-23 19:28:47

Parked on Parbold Hill on Christmas Eve 1969 in Orlin’s maroon Ford Cortina. You Were my Thrill on Blueberry Hill 🎶 was playing on the radio. He asked me if I fancied going in to town next morning to choose an engagement ring. I said yes of course. He still sings You were my thrill on Parbold Hill to me 🎸🎶 ❤️

GrannyGravy13 Thu 19-Jan-23 20:24:14

Sat opposite each other at work, conversation went something like DH ok we should probably get married it makes the business, house and children(4) less complicated, me Friday 13th is good for me, DH yep looks good here

Romantic no, but it worked for us, child No.5 has never forgiven us for marrying before she was born 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Yammy Thu 19-Jan-23 20:35:04

LauraNorderr

Parked on Parbold Hill on Christmas Eve 1969 in Orlin’s maroon Ford Cortina. You Were my Thrill on Blueberry Hill 🎶 was playing on the radio. He asked me if I fancied going in to town next morning to choose an engagement ring. I said yes of course. He still sings You were my thrill on Parbold Hill to me 🎸🎶 ❤️

You couldn't get more Romantic than that laura Norder. Mine usually sings me Silent Night every Christmas Eve in German We were at DD this year so he whispered it in bed as we tried to get warm in the attic.