Gransnet forums

Relationships

A rant about uncooperative sick husbands

(27 Posts)
ExDancer Sat 18-Feb-23 12:04:34

My DH has some kind of heart/lung problem and also some kind of orthopaedic problem (he seems to now have one leg shorter than the other and walks with a swaying motion from side to side)
He has seen a doctor, but won't allow me to go with him, and had some tests but never discusses things with me. He's obviously in pain.
This morning I asked if anything was happening about his breathing and mobility problems and he said he was 'waiting'.

Then in his usual way of avoiding a conversation he stood up and went to the bathroom. He copes with what he imagines will be a difficult conversation by walking away.

When he came back I said what was he waiting for? And as he struggled into his jacket he said 'test results' so I said you have to ring the surgery and ask for results, they won't ring or text you unless its bad news.

He said no you didn't have to ask, though he did admit it was a long time.
Then he walked out.
This is just a rant I don't expect any magic solutions.
Thats what happens when I try to 'sit him down and talk'

Floradora9 Fri 24-Feb-23 21:23:25

We had a dear friend who had a high power job was great company but he refused to do the bowel screening tests that were sent to him . He died a painful death of bowel cancel .