Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

'Curing' homosexuality!

(28 Posts)
Greatnan Sun 15-Apr-12 10:33:44

I don't often shout at my radio, but this morning I was incandescent with rage. I always listen to 'Sunday' on Radio 4 and today they had two people on who were involved with that insulting advert on London buses which suggested homosexuality could be cured. A gay man who was perfectly happy with his sexuality was constantly interrupted and the woman told him his lifestyle was 'an abomination', because somebody said so 3000 years ago. He remained completely courteous and did not bother to point out all the other things in the Bible which nobody now accepts.
I was angry on his behalf, and on behalf of all gay men and women.
Well done to Boris Johnson for banning the advert which is obviousy 'likely to cause offence'.

Joan Tue 22-May-12 07:37:40

I wonder when all the homophobic nonsense will finally end. The science is clear - a person's sexuality is inborn. There is nothing any of us can do about this, and we shouldn't want to.

Thank goodness we are not homophobic on here, not even those who believe in a deity.

But when I read the news from America, especially the republicans and the born-agains, I despair. They have thrown science and common sense and common decency out of the window. I just hope Obama not only wins in November, but gets a massive win, to put those idiots in their place.

I was very pleased when he spoke personally in favour of gay marriage. And surprised - it was a very brave thing to do, though I suppose Joe Biden saying it first was a bit of a catalyst.

fieldwake Tue 22-May-12 08:39:36

I believe we are all as nature (my god) made us.