Religion/spirituality

Do dogs go to heaven?

(38 Posts)
Bags Tue 30-Jul-13 09:45:33

Good for a chuckle smile

Ella46 Tue 30-Jul-13 09:48:41

That's very funny, I love that sort of stuff inane banter

MiceElf Tue 30-Jul-13 10:00:03

Brilliant. Now what I really, really wanna know is where do cats go? Especially Rory when his time comes and Phoenix' brood grin

janeainsworth Tue 30-Jul-13 10:14:05

I thought this was another of frank's threads grin

Aka Tue 30-Jul-13 10:35:14

So did I Jane but it made me grin

Ana Tue 30-Jul-13 10:50:38

That is so funny! 'Free dog souls with every conversion' Love it! grin

shysal Tue 30-Jul-13 11:16:14

Love it! I was feeling a bit down, but a chuckle gave me a lift. Thank you.

mrshat Tue 30-Jul-13 11:59:49

grin

Galen Tue 30-Jul-13 12:46:53

grin

Iam64 Tue 30-Jul-13 14:09:10

love this one, and yes, of course dogs go to heaven, everyone knows this. They go over the Rainbow Bridge (or so the dog club I'm a member of tells us all). Not to put a dampener on this jolly thread, but when our old rescue dog died some months ago, our 3 year old dog was noticeably distressed for some weeks. Last week, one of us used the old dogs name when talking, and the young dog jumped up and started looking around.

Ella46 Tue 30-Jul-13 15:33:47

Oh Iam sad

vegasmags Tue 30-Jul-13 15:34:15

Iam64 - following the demise of the Senior Dog, the Junior Dog was quite inconsolable at night, as they had always shared a big basket. After a couple of nights of crying, and hearing the running about the kitchen, I caved in and took the JD to bed with me. This arrangement lasted until the end of his life, bless him.

absent Tue 30-Jul-13 19:56:23

If there are no dogs in heaven, then it wouldn't be heaven.

Aka Tue 30-Jul-13 20:07:49

A very good observation Absent

Joan Wed 31-Jul-13 07:49:50

Everyone can go to heaven, including dogs, 'cos they have imaginations, they dream, and heaven is, after all, a lovely, imaginary place.

dorsetpennt Wed 31-Jul-13 08:52:37

They better go to heaven otherwise I'm not going! I don't really believe in the concept of heaven and hell but....my idea of heaven is arriving at the pearly gates and there are all the dogs and cats I've had barking and meowing to greet me. Just beyond them are all the friends and family that I've lost over the years. We'd all go for a long walk in the constant lovely weather through verdant woods and fields chattering and gossiping.

Grannyknot Wed 31-Jul-13 09:54:16

dorset I like that fantasy. I'd love to "see" our chocolate Labrador again, she was so faithful and so loving and so gorgeous! I do miss her still after nearly 13 years.

And when I've finished catching up with all the people I've missed for years, I'd excuse myself and "go downstairs" to confront a few people because I didn't do it when I should have! And that's where I know they will be! grin

Sunhat Wed 31-Jul-13 11:09:45

If heaven exists, I think many dogs (and cats) deserve to go there as much as some humans if not more.

Nonu Wed 31-Jul-13 11:37:54

I most definitely think dogs go to heaven .

What a lovely thought that I will see my Lovely Boxer , who passed many years ago.

I still do , after all this time give him a thought !!

Poppikok Tue 13-Aug-13 11:11:04

Will there be Poop Bags?

Greatnan Tue 13-Aug-13 11:54:47

I thought dogs went to a farm in Wales and had a lovely, happy life - at least, that is what all my friends tell their children!

LizG Tue 13-Aug-13 12:15:47

I'm with you there absent smile

Iam64 Tue 13-Aug-13 13:22:51

Greatnan - that's what I was told at the age of 4, after my bull mastiff wasn't there when I got up one morning. He was huge, and I used to lie on him, or sit on him, whilst watching Roy Rogers on tv. One tea time, a man came to the door and told my dad that Butch (yes, he was called Butch I'm afraid) had been aggressive towards him. Dad said there must be a mistake, Butch is a big softy, come in and see him with my daughter. Butch had the man pinned up against the wall in quick time. Dad was mortified, and full of apologies. I said he must be a nasty man, if Butch didn't like him. We all had tea, and when I woke up, no Butch. I didn't believe mum or dad's stories about Butch going to live on a farm in the countryside, where he could be free and happy. On reflection, I can't think of another time in my life when I didn't believe what my parents told me as they were so honest and kind. Ho Hum - I still believe that dogs go to heaven, the one so well described by dorsetpennt

susieb755 Tue 13-Aug-13 21:05:44

I think that dogs will go to heaven - I know they cant be believers. which seems to be a pre-requisite, but God is after all a loving God, and would know what is in their little furry souls

Greatnan Tue 13-Aug-13 21:25:55

Will bad dogs go to hell?