Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Why are we here?

(234 Posts)
Galen Mon 01-Sep-14 12:18:08

What is the reason for our existence?

MissAdventure Wed 04-Oct-17 22:19:01

I'm hanging, Maw. By the skin 'o' me teeth!

helpme Fri 06-Oct-17 13:58:59

Message deleted by Gransnet. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

norose4 Fri 06-Oct-17 14:27:07

Galen, do you have a theory or answer to your question?

Crafting Fri 06-Oct-17 20:49:12

Crumbs, this thread has been reincarnated ?

Nelliemoser Fri 06-Oct-17 23:40:47

I don't believe in a divine being.
There have been a number of "Gurus" "philosophers" or such people, that have defined and explained ways of living in harmony with other people. Mindfulness or prayer or whatever you want to call it.

So why, when me, the agnostic, was up North Yorkshire way last week why did I feel moved to tears several times by the beautiful scenery.
There must be something in our minds that gives us a powerful "feel good" moment. a spiritual moment of some sort.

Alexa Tue 19-Dec-17 01:25:53

Existence is cause of itself.

Suleman Thu 11-Jan-18 13:29:46

Why are we here? The question implies we as in one entity that is Human. But i have a serious question about the integrity of this entity? And if there is an answer then it has to come from this entity which is out of question. By nature we are suppose to answer our own question. We are living in age of freedom and individuality, so the right question to ask is why am i here? And i must answer my self as i have freedom to choose.

I have pondered many years with the question, apparently, i think the question comes from our linguistic mind so i bother not so much now.

Like some of others here am too agnostic but that doesnt stop me from being compassionate, understanding and connecting woth others.

BBbevan Fri 12-Jan-18 06:00:04

God alone knows. Take that statement as you will.