Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Do you believe in angels

(119 Posts)
practical Mon 30-May-16 18:51:25

If you do what would you say is a sign any angels are near?

practical Mon 06-Jun-16 14:57:46

Disgruntled forgot to ask have you read any of Betty Shines books?

Falconbird Mon 06-Jun-16 15:09:24

I'm a Reiki Healer Level 1 but I don't practice now because life has dealt me a few blows and my energy levels are low.

I was raised RC and there was a lot of talk about angels which was lovely. I've never seen one but I have sensed warm presences at times of stress and the feeling of being borne up if you know what I mean.

Years ago I had my aura photographed and it was purple with about seven white shapes above my head!!!!!

I am a bit sceptical by nature and my dh always said such things were tricks of the mind or the light.

Disgruntled Mon 06-Jun-16 16:06:47

I think I started a Betty Shine book, years and years ago. I'll see if I can dig it out.

practical Mon 06-Jun-16 17:53:19

Falconb I had aura photo just after me mum died and I had blue all around.
My children buy me angels and angel books.

practical Mon 06-Jun-16 17:55:24

Disgrun Betty Shine was a healer and her clients used to see lights around themselves and many said there was blue haze in the room

Falconbird Mon 06-Jun-16 18:51:22

practical - smile blue is for healing I think.

wot Mon 06-Jun-16 18:52:03

I've got all the Betty Shine books!

practical Mon 06-Jun-16 23:41:47

wot wish I could have met her
www.bettyshine.co.uk/

BBbevan Tue 07-Jun-16 09:14:42

Well I don't know about Angels, but I would like to. I always think my Grandma is near though.

practical Tue 07-Jun-16 14:25:07

BBbevan I know my Grandma is always on my left shoulder when I'm driving she is keeping me safe.

Ziggy62 Wed 08-Jun-16 13:31:40

I believe in angels, signs I notice alot are feathers but also if i'm feeling stressed or have a problem a song will come on the radio or in a store etc which relates to a loved one I have lost. I truly believe in a spirit world. Understandably many wont agree but that doesnt bother me

practical Wed 08-Jun-16 14:43:32

Ziggy I think most of us who believe have had people who don't agree but it don't bother any of us when our belief is strong enough.

Angelwispa Wed 08-Jun-16 15:32:03

yes I believe in Angels and they can often use calling cards such as feathers or small coins found in unusual places, they often use a beautiful fragrance too. They can appear as small or large orbs of bright silver white light or golden light. They can appear in dreams, meditations, or seem to appear as a physical being, with or without wings. They can often give us messages in dreams, meditations or even as a very audible voice and they also use our 'gut instinct' as a 'direct line' of contact in order to get their messages across quickly especially if it's to warn of an impending emergency. They have given me warnings in 'direct voice' communication which helped me and my family to avoid a serious accident. I can understand why some people may find all of this difficult to believe, because I think until you experience it for yourself, it does sound pretty unbelievable, but if you open up your mind and awareness I believe that it (angel communication) can happen and does happen, probably more often than most people realise.

Anniebach Wed 08-Jun-16 15:39:05

Agree Angelwispa

Cherrytree59 Wed 08-Jun-16 16:29:32

Last may I was traveling with my DH to a family wedding in Lanarkshire.
I think we were just before Lesmahagow when my husband said
'Oh dear I think we are going to have to stop your perfume must have leaked'.
As he spoke there was the Strongest smell of a lovely perfume through out the car.
I knew it wasn't my perfume as I had packed my best channel No5 and it was in the case in the boot!
It was a lovely floral aroma that eventually drifted away.
We looked around to see if there was some sort (scent) factory. But just miles of fields
An angel??
My grandmother or mum giving her approval??

MiniMouse Wed 08-Jun-16 17:13:09

I was introduced to Sulamith Wulfing a few years ago, her angel and mystical illustrations are beautiful. This link looks huge and looks like more than one, but it's all one:

www.google.co.uk/search?q=sulamith+wulfing+illustrations&client=firefox-b&sa=X&biw=1152&bih=566&tbm=isch&imgil=gUIJWmj-afmIHM%253A%253Bc9HsWhIYI2-v_M%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.pinterest.com%25252Fanhelieh%25252Fsulamith-wulfing%25252F&source=iu&pf=m&fir=gUIJWmj-afmIHM%253A%252Cc9HsWhIYI2-v_M%252C_&usg=__Z7gZrvWszgadUKZ-eKIQZ7hbndg%3D&ved=0ahUKEwjErK_E5pjNAhVIKMAKHeHoCiMQyjcILQ&ei=LUFYV4TiK8jQgAbh0auYAg#tbm=isch&tbs=rimg%3ACXsgTR7lf_1s6Ijgwk_1J0k4fr7_1SI77hbLX55ynY_1B8dcb9JsKtmRT96rsf57lgvPrlQ3bHbh7CuENLw5X-R8EdNMPSoSCTCT8nSTh-vvERMg4vR4IArbKhIJ9IjvuFstfnkRjMWpAnhOW0IqEgnKdj8Hx1xv0hFeYqKAqd4R3SoSCWwq2ZFP3quxEfAcNdCpomxhKhIJ_1nuWC8-uVDcR0VaScVppWpwqEglsduHsK4Q0vBETanjfvtSX3ioSCTlf5HwR00w9EaaBjGolNQjh&q=sulamith%20wulfing%20illustrations&imgrc=oSB3zXazppYHyM%3A

Angelwispa Wed 08-Jun-16 22:09:08

Cherrytree59 our loved ones in the spirit world can also use fragrance as a calling card so it depends on whether you the fragrance that you smelled was one that you identified with your mum or grandmother such as their favourite flower or perfume. If it reminded you of neither and it was a very strong beautiful smell that seemed to disappear as soon as you smelt it, then in my opinion you probably had an angel looking after you on your journey and they were trying to gain your attention. From my own experience when an angel tries to connect with you in this way, its because they can see some form of obstacle or danger someway ahead and they are trying to get you to slow down or stop or simply think more clearly about the actions that you are taking at that time. MiniMouse the illustrations are beautiful, thank you for sharing the link.

VictorB Sun 26-Mar-17 10:31:33

No, I don't believe angel. Do you?

nina1959 Sun 26-Mar-17 10:47:14

I lost a baby once. I had to go into hospital and give birth and while I was sat breaking my heart on the bed, I felt the divine presence of someone come into the room. I gave birth shortly after and I knew someone had come to collect her. God surrounds us all with an angel. Just pray your thoughts and requests as though you were talking to a person sat next to you. x

Luckylegs9 Mon 17-Apr-17 08:06:43

I am a total sceptic, always need to find practical solutions so angels don't quite fit into that way of thinking, I need proof. There has been at certain times, someone who at just the right time, at my lowest ebb, gave me a way to solve a problem that I couldn't handle. I have been that person that stepped in several times, once on holiday, I was walking alone along a jetty with a bank of stones that shelves Disney into the ocean, I say a slightly built lady, crumble and slide down towards the ocean, I ran up to her and carefully moved down towards her, I was scared that she would roll down and be lost, I lay flat and outstretched my hand and touched her shoulder, saying, don't move, you're fine if you stay still until you feel better, her eyes opened and she looked at me, I said you must have had a bad turn, but you can get back it's safe, but you need to feel right and realize that what you do next is important. Thankfully, she did that and climbed back up. I could not have saved her had she fell, can't swim so well and no one was around. We sat there and I found we were at the same hotel, we walked back together, she had left her husband and father in the hotel and gone a walk to sort out her head. That night when I went to dinner she was in reception, with her family, she thanked me and said she believed I had been her angel that day. I am the last person you would ever put in that category, I have made so many mistakes. I was just there at the right time and so glad I was, that was all. So perhaps angels are just people just somewhere at the right time to make a bit of difference.

Slutgran24 Mon 08-May-17 17:28:11

As a spiritual gran, I believe myself to be an angel and would like to weigh in on this discussion.

We are real and loving life!

Love from gran.

Posted from Jerusalem.

Ana Mon 08-May-17 17:35:51

grin

Slutgran24 Mon 08-May-17 17:43:07

Tell me more ana?

Ana Mon 08-May-17 18:01:53

No, no - after you, Slutgran24 (strange name for an angel, but whatever!)

maisiegreen Fri 21-Jul-17 16:43:56

No. I'm a Christian and that's enough. I think it's very odd to believe in angels to help with parking and other mundane things. Why would they exist to do that when serious shit like cancer is happening to people? Odd.