Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Do you believe in angels

(119 Posts)
practical Mon 30-May-16 18:51:25

If you do what would you say is a sign any angels are near?

Vickixx Tue 01-Jan-19 21:35:28

Perfectly stable,don’t do drugs or drink much and no strange episodes before or since. I’m leading up to saying I have no choice but to believe. I’ve seen one or what I would describe as something angelic.There were no wings but it was most definitely a vision of a lady in white of spiritual nature,very beautiful,very peaceful & felt like the most natural thing in the world to witness. I didn’t mention it to DH for two years. My m-in-law was with me,along with a few others. A few seconds later I said ‘what was that’
My m-in-law replied, ‘I saw it too’ nobody else said anything. We have never once mentioned it to each other & for some reason I can’t bring myself to do so & never will.

Lynne59 Wed 28-Nov-18 09:51:49

NO, I don't believe in that, any more than I believe in fairies, Santa Claus, the tooth fairy, Easter bunny, ghosts, Jesus, God, elves, UFOs, etc., etc.

NanKate Wed 28-Nov-18 08:24:11

If I have mentioned this before apologies.

In the summer we were on holiday visiting some secluded gardens. It had been a terrible day with some very worrying news. I was sitting alone quietly sobbing. I said in my mind to my late parents ‘if anyone is listening please let me know with my usual robin’. About 20 seconds later a robin hopped by me. I then moved to a small arbour and sat there trying to compose myself when a very noisy robin flew through the arbour landed on the wooden frame inches from me shrieked loudly and flew off. Make of it what you will but it gave me hope that DH and I weren’t alone at this very difficult time in our lives.

travelsafar Wed 28-Nov-18 08:20:17

The only Angels i believe in were real life ones, my mum, my daughter and my darling sister!!!

Smiley4 Wed 28-Nov-18 07:26:03

Yes. I do. I’ve felt them and had a feather. The feather wasn’t a dirty one left by a pigeon, type feather. It’s about 4 inches long, pure white, fluffy and no birds I’ve ever seen in my garden have feathers like this.
But each to their own, if you do believe, you do, and if you don’t, you don’t.

bikergran Wed 10-Oct-18 07:58:03

If somebody wants to believe in angels/afterlife/reincarnation/feathers/robins or anything..if that thought brings them comfort then good, we all have our own beliefs that others may not.

Nutteynettey Wed 10-Oct-18 07:09:57

Morning just joined Gransnet, and want to say YES I do believe in Angels . I have seen 2, 1 in human form and 1 in Angelic form.

starbox Tue 25-Sep-18 13:27:53

Certainly the Bible tells us that there ARE angels. But the fluffy, cutesy idea of 'guardian angels' saving people from near-death experiences is obviously false. Otherwise WHY would ANY innocents die- babies swept up in tsunamis etc? If you escape a bad scenario, I think you have to say luck was on your side, but you haven't got a personal spirit protecting you!

LittlePinkPiggy Sat 22-Sep-18 16:54:58

Yes, 100 per cent! I have encountered them so many times. I don't get signs as such but they have showed up lots of times in my life.

Cybernan12 Fri 20-Oct-17 09:26:25

One never knows when such angels are near, but I do know caring, support and encouragement at times of great need are where they are to be found most easily. We are most vulnerable at those times, and more receptive.

MissAdventure Thu 19-Oct-17 19:49:52

That's a nice thought. smile

Cybernan12 Thu 19-Oct-17 19:19:55

I believe in angels! They are the people who cross your path in a desperate time of need. I was at the supermarket. It was a bad day and a sharp comment from my dearly beloved had upset me. My angel was the stranger who came beside me and put her arms around me. Whatever is the matter? she said. Now tell me all about it... I sobbed into her shoulder and opened my heart to her and thanked her for caring so much. I did not know the lady, and would probably not recognise her again, and didn't know even if she had a faith. That lady was my angel, and I will never forget her.

Anniebach Sat 22-Jul-17 10:22:23

Bluebell if you always look for proof you are not open

BlueBelle Sat 22-Jul-17 10:17:45

To believe in angels you need to believe in an after life although I do believe there is something higher than all of us I m not sure what or who and very unsure of an afterlife ... like luckylegs I always look for an answer and are happier with some kind of proof
I think the people who are happiest in life are those who have no belief and just get on with living or those that believe strongly and have the comfort of thinking they will be in some heaven with their loved ones after this life ends I think the unhappiest are those searching for answers and getting none I m sure I m in the latter catergory

So no I don't really believe in angels I think they are made up for our comfort I definitely don't believe in ghosts fairies apparitions or psychics I do think some people are more open to 'feeling' emotional memories and carrying feelings that seem to 'come to life' at times I have lost so many people I was really really close too and they have never given me any sign or feeling I have tried many alternative therapies like reiki, crystal healing, etc but none have made me feel anything I am not closed to them in fact very open but not an iota of connection
..... perhaps I m dead already

tidyskatemum Fri 21-Jul-17 22:19:15

I don't believe in angels but I have a lot of faith in lighting a candle in church. I know it sounds completely irrational but it has always worked for me - not necessarily how I imagined it but in the long run for the best.

Ana Fri 21-Jul-17 22:02:50

Floradora, I don't think most people believe the feathers are actually angels' feathers - they're obviously birds'!

But sometimes the odd curly white one can turn up in unexpected places and it may seem like a message...no harm in believing, surely?

varian Fri 21-Jul-17 21:56:00

Perhaps in stressful situations the mind plays tricks. I know someone who got swept out to sea although she was a strong swimmer. There seemed to be a current pushing her further from the coast. Just as she was beginning to panic a windsurfer appeared from nowhere and told her go hang on to the back of the board and towed her towards the coast. When she has near to the shore she let go, turned round and there was no windsurfer to be seen. Was the windsurfer an angel.? Or did her stress levels create an illusion?

Floradora9 Fri 21-Jul-17 20:37:46

I wish someone would test the feathers people think come from angels what would the DNA come up with ?

maisiegreen Fri 21-Jul-17 16:43:56

No. I'm a Christian and that's enough. I think it's very odd to believe in angels to help with parking and other mundane things. Why would they exist to do that when serious shit like cancer is happening to people? Odd.

Ana Mon 08-May-17 18:01:53

No, no - after you, Slutgran24 (strange name for an angel, but whatever!)

Slutgran24 Mon 08-May-17 17:43:07

Tell me more ana?

Ana Mon 08-May-17 17:35:51

grin

Slutgran24 Mon 08-May-17 17:28:11

As a spiritual gran, I believe myself to be an angel and would like to weigh in on this discussion.

We are real and loving life!

Love from gran.

Posted from Jerusalem.

Luckylegs9 Mon 17-Apr-17 08:06:43

I am a total sceptic, always need to find practical solutions so angels don't quite fit into that way of thinking, I need proof. There has been at certain times, someone who at just the right time, at my lowest ebb, gave me a way to solve a problem that I couldn't handle. I have been that person that stepped in several times, once on holiday, I was walking alone along a jetty with a bank of stones that shelves Disney into the ocean, I say a slightly built lady, crumble and slide down towards the ocean, I ran up to her and carefully moved down towards her, I was scared that she would roll down and be lost, I lay flat and outstretched my hand and touched her shoulder, saying, don't move, you're fine if you stay still until you feel better, her eyes opened and she looked at me, I said you must have had a bad turn, but you can get back it's safe, but you need to feel right and realize that what you do next is important. Thankfully, she did that and climbed back up. I could not have saved her had she fell, can't swim so well and no one was around. We sat there and I found we were at the same hotel, we walked back together, she had left her husband and father in the hotel and gone a walk to sort out her head. That night when I went to dinner she was in reception, with her family, she thanked me and said she believed I had been her angel that day. I am the last person you would ever put in that category, I have made so many mistakes. I was just there at the right time and so glad I was, that was all. So perhaps angels are just people just somewhere at the right time to make a bit of difference.

nina1959 Sun 26-Mar-17 10:47:14

I lost a baby once. I had to go into hospital and give birth and while I was sat breaking my heart on the bed, I felt the divine presence of someone come into the room. I gave birth shortly after and I knew someone had come to collect her. God surrounds us all with an angel. Just pray your thoughts and requests as though you were talking to a person sat next to you. x