Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Your prayers would be appreciated

(65 Posts)
Doodle Fri 17-Aug-18 21:00:20

I have mentioned before that my DGC is autistic. There have been ongoing problems at school with bullying and name calling. I would be so grateful if any of you who believe would include him in your prayers and ask that the school support him and all those with special needs when the school term starts again. Thank you.

Fennel Sun 19-Aug-18 10:00:35

I've put him on my prayer list too. And others with those problems.

farview Sun 19-Aug-18 12:59:33

Prayers said... thinking of you!

Doodle Sun 19-Aug-18 19:47:47

Thank you all. It means a lot.

NanKate Sun 19-Aug-18 20:11:59

There will be another candle lit by me too. Keep going Doodle.

MiniMoon Mon 20-Aug-18 09:21:18

I will too doodle, along with my prayers for my own DGC, all of whom are on the autistic spectrum. The eldest two DGS's were being bullied at school. They were only 5 and 7. My DD was sure she could teach them herself and removed all 4 of her children from school. They are absolutely blossoming now.

Doodle Mon 20-Aug-18 13:36:20

Thank you both. mini I will include your DGC in my prayers too along with all those who find life difficult for whatever reason. Glad your GC are doing well

Nandalot Mon 20-Aug-18 16:46:30

Remembering you and DGC in my prayers.

tessagee Mon 20-Aug-18 21:04:29

Doodle I will indeed pray for your dear GS and ask his guardian angel to watch over and protect him every day. This is so distressing for you and his parents so I include you all in my prayers.

Doodle Mon 20-Aug-18 22:58:41

You are all so kind. Thank you.

NanKate Thu 23-Aug-18 08:18:10

Doodle I lit a candle and said a prayer for your GS yesterday, one for a friend with terminal cancer and one for my own family who are going through difficult times. ?

Doodle Thu 23-Aug-18 20:23:37

nankate. Reading this thread makes me realise how kind people are. There is so much unpleasantness and bad feeling in the newspapers.

I thank you for your prayers and will include you and yours in mine along with all others who have responded to my request despite having worries of their own.

nigglynellie Sun 02-Sep-18 16:38:28

My 11 year old grandson is starting his new school next week and although he was fine at his primary school, he is very small for his age, finds reading difficult, and is very slightly babyish and not very confident. I'm certainly praying that all will be well for him in what could be a daunting experience, and will be very pleased Doodle to include your GS in those prayers.

Doodle Sun 02-Sep-18 20:26:30

And yours in mine Niggly thank you. I think all of us grans have fears for our DGCand can't bear the thought of them being hurt physically or mentally. Hope all goes well for your grandson.

Anniebach Sun 02-Sep-18 20:40:52

Doodle it is tomorrow the little chap goes back to school? I wrote the date for my angel box but assumed it was the same as schools in Wales, just remembered the dates are not always the same

Anniebach Sun 02-Sep-18 20:41:53

niggly, I will,pray for him x

Doodle Sun 02-Sep-18 20:50:00

annie he does not go back until Thursday 6th September. I can't tell you how grateful I am for all the lovely replies. I am so touched that you, with all you are going through, will take the time to pray for my boy.
I pray every night that you will find the strength to cross that bridge. So many kind people on GN.

Anniebach Sun 02-Sep-18 20:54:30

Thank you Doodle, I will change the date x

nigglynellie Tue 04-Sep-18 12:42:29

Thank you Doodle and annie. Our little boy also goes to his new school on Thursday, so fingers crossed all round!?? (more positive sunshine!)

carolmary Tue 04-Sep-18 12:54:05

Me too Doodle., I'll add him to my list.
I also have an autistic GS but happily he has never been bullied at primary school and is really looking forward to starting secondary school on Wednesday. I do hope things will improve for your GS. School buddies are a great idea. I would definitely get his parents to investigate that possibility.

Doodle Tue 04-Sep-18 19:12:01

carolmary thank you for adding my DGS to your list. He is already in secondary school. They did not have a buddy system but he has friends who are other autistic children. The problem is with a certain group of children who know he is different and pick on him and his friends. He stands up for his friends which bring him more trouble. He is (like many autistic children) aware of what is right and wrong and will not back down when he believes others are being unfair. All his teachers like him but the school in general think he should just keep quiet and keep a low profile. He is a strong character and thinks he should have the same rights as anyone else to his opinions and objects when others call his friends names or bully them. The school seem to want a quiet life and as long as no one stands up to the bullies they don't have to do anything about it.

Fennel Tue 04-Sep-18 19:26:57

Doodle he sounds like an admirable boy. Now that he's entering his teens he needs to be able learn eventually to stand on his own feet. And learn his limits, a lot of which he'll get from his peer group.
One of my sons had a similar lessons to learn, but he's more isolated. He has still found his own niche. TG.

Doodle Wed 05-Sep-18 08:37:46

Thank you fennel. Good to hear your son has made his own way through.

Anniebach Wed 05-Sep-18 08:45:14

Poor little chap, standing one’s ground against bullies takes courage.

Anniebach Wed 05-Sep-18 21:20:39

Doodle, so many prayers and caring thoughts with your Grandson and with you x

Doodle Wed 05-Sep-18 21:28:36

Yes annie I am so touched that so many have included my DGS in their prayers. We read so many bad things in the papers and on the news that people's kindness and empathy seem to be overlooked. I have included all the other children mentioned in this thread in my prayers. I am so very grateful.
I will try and let all of you kind people know how things are going but it will be a little while yet to see if things settle. As with most autistic children, it is one day at a time.
Thank you for your prayers and kindness.