Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Your prayers would be appreciated

(65 Posts)
Doodle Fri 17-Aug-18 21:00:20

I have mentioned before that my DGC is autistic. There have been ongoing problems at school with bullying and name calling. I would be so grateful if any of you who believe would include him in your prayers and ask that the school support him and all those with special needs when the school term starts again. Thank you.

Cherrytree59 Wed 05-Sep-18 23:25:10

Doodle adding my prayers for DGS.

Tonight I am so sad.
My little DGS went smiling in to first day back to school today.
My DD picked him up from school to the news that he had been bitten on the ear by another child.
At bedtime he was tearful and told his mum that nobody would play with him at lunch time.
I am devastated and can't sleep for worrying about him he is only just turned 5.
At the moment he has a working diagnosis for Autism.
My heart bleeds for him.
I am praying that my daughter has the strength for what lies ahead.
God bless the youngsters who have a such difficult journey ahead.

Marydoll Wed 05-Sep-18 23:38:07

I second that Cherrytree

starbird Thu 06-Sep-18 04:23:23

Praying today for your grandson and all children being bullied. I would keep badgering the head teacher - if we don’t turn around these children at school they will grow up terrorizing everyone - wotk colleages, spouse, children, etc. I think that the lack of religion is partly to blame so we need to somehow introduce morality in another way. (There is a good series on radio 4 on this subject at the moment). I have also heard of a programme called ‘The Virtues Project’ which has been used in a few schools.

mumofmadboys Thu 06-Sep-18 07:24:56

Praying for your GS today Doodle as he returns to school x

grannyqueenie Thu 06-Sep-18 08:00:58

Including your gs, doodle, as I pray for 2 of mine who have also started high school this week and my teenage gd who has just been diagnosed with ASD. It’s a tough old world out there and even more so for those youngsters who’re that bit more vulnerable. x

Greenfinch Thu 06-Sep-18 08:10:45

Praying for all those with autism starting secondary school this week.My grandson started yesterday but has not spoken much about his day.His school has an autistic unit but he is so embarrassed about it because it singles him out as different.I know exactly how you feel cherrytree.I would be exactly the same.

Doodle Thu 06-Sep-18 08:39:36

I will be praying for all the children mentioned in this thread. I hope all including my DGS make their way in this life. At this young age they don't want to be seen as 'different' and just want to fit in.
cherrytree I feel for you and the sadness of your little GS who had no one to play with at lunchtime. If it is of any comfort I will tell you that my son was very shy and often on his own at infant school. As he got older her made some good friends. As an adult now with children of his own he has a number of really good friends including those he made in secondary school who have been his friends for over 20 years now. I know how your heart breaks for their sadness but lots of children including those who are not autistic have periods of loneliness.
Keep your spirits up and I will pray for all of your GC along with mine.

Marydoll Thu 06-Sep-18 08:44:12

It breaks my heart reading these posts.
Before I became ill, I taught in a primary school, where we had a high number of children with autism. A major part of my remit was supporting them.
Our LEA had a policy of total inclusion, but there was little support available. It was disgraceful.

Greenfinch Thu 06-Sep-18 11:26:06

I think we need also to pray for the siblings of children with autism who often get teased/ bullied because of it.

grannyqueenie Thu 06-Sep-18 13:33:01

I think you’re right about not forgetting siblings greenfinch, school can be cruel place for all sorts of reasons. I heard a sad story the other day about a troubled teenage lass who is currently an inpatient in a mental health unit. Her younger sibling was due to start at the same secondary school this week and he’s worried he’ll be teased if other pupils realise they are related.

Cherrytree59 Thu 06-Sep-18 17:10:49

How right in are Greenfinch
As a family we are still on a learning curve,
My little grandson is only three years old and is already supporting his older brother and puts up with more than any little one should.
He has his own health problem.

He is a blessing for our little family.

Doodle Thu 06-Sep-18 17:49:13

Yes greenfinch how true. In fact all the children who are bullied for whatever reason. So many need our prayers. Thank you all.

Doodle Thu 06-Sep-18 20:02:50

annie and all of you who have kindly included my DGS in your prayers, I would like to let you know that today, first day back was "OK" One day I know but a start. I will continue to pray for all your GC and I thank you all for your prayers for mine.

Anniebach Thu 06-Sep-18 20:14:12

I will continue to hold your Grandson in my prayers Doodle x