Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Jews

(53 Posts)
minxie Fri 09-Aug-19 13:57:34

Hi,
This question has been bugging me for a while.
This last week a man verbally attacked a Jewish man who was minding his own business in the street. Why I don’t know
The question is why do some people hate jews so much. I really don’t understand say they have been persecuted for so long. even in this day and age.
Can anyone enlighten me ?

Elegran Thu 17-Oct-19 11:25:40

All these posts blaming Daisymae for being told something many years ago when she was a child do illustrate how quickly something becomes someone's fault and how prepared we are to believe the worst of someone.

How about reflecting, (not that Daisymae must be a wicked racist for telling us as history that someone had a "reason" long ago), but that what she was given as a reason was so widely believed that it probably contributed to the anti-semitism that was around then, and probably still lingers as a cause now.

People who gamble against their own country's exchange rate when major trading changes are imminent are now controlling the money. There are notable non-Jewish examples in public office, making millions at it and simultaneously controlling the major trading changes that are fuelling the fluctuations in the exchange rate. Why are they not the subject of anti-speculatorism?

paintingthetownred Sat 19-Oct-19 21:57:30

And as the moderators know, that also applies to online postings.