Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Prince Andrew and the Moral Law

(203 Posts)
Alexa Tue 28-Jan-20 17:26:07

I'd love it if Prince Andrew went to America to face the music, because I'd love to have someone as famous as he showing a moral lead Tell the truth and shame the devil.

suziewoozie Thu 13-Feb-20 09:52:01

Thanks for that Old it’ll be useful on another thread this morning ?

Oldwoman70 Thu 13-Feb-20 09:56:16

Your welcome - I knew reading the classics would come in handy one day!

Alexa Sat 15-Feb-20 11:36:50

Susiewoozie wrote:

"Maybe he’s just so entitled and spoilt he doesn’t see why he should help out or he has no moral compass or he daren’t admit as to what he’s been involved with - maybe all three?".

True, however what matter more is how PA got into trouble. Which school did he attend?
If his parents paid expensive fees to educators was there something wrong with the school's curriculum and is so should that school be investigated? Social and moral education is taken seriously these days and social and moral ed is especially important for the children of powerful[ parents.

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 12:38:55

Surely speaking of morality is important to all children not just children of powerful parents.

Alexa Sat 15-Feb-20 12:45:59

Annie, there are always people who are more influential than others. By "powerful" I mean people who tend to have power over others such as MPs , or people in other positions of power and influence.

Alexa Sat 15-Feb-20 13:01:35

www.independent.co.uk/news/people/news/koo-stark-speaks-out-to-help-rebut-prince-andrew-sex-slave-claims-10046948.html

Koo Stark

GrannyGravy13 Sat 15-Feb-20 13:05:33

Front page of the Daily Mail today Andrew's Island visit to 2nd tycoon facing child sex claims.

The tycoon is named as Peter Nygard (78 a Canadian fashion designer) PA and SF and the two princesses stayed at his Nassau house in 2000.

This was after Mr.Nygard had agreed an "out of court settlement" with three employees who accused him of sexual harassment. New allegations are that he took young girls, some as young as 14 back to his house after telling them he ours make them into models before raping them and forcing them into performing deviant acts.

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 13:13:18

Good grief GrannyGravy , in fairness they were not aware of
new allegations but they certainly had the most vile choice of
friends .

MawB Sat 15-Feb-20 13:50:50

Alexa
This article was published in 2015 - why did nobody pick up on the situation earlier?

Alexa Sat 15-Feb-20 14:32:04

MawB I am confused about dates. I had not thought the PA affair had been going on since 2015. In view of the Queen's rather liking Koo Stark, it seems strange her moral support was not mentioned.

Anniebach Sat 15-Feb-20 14:35:58

Can it be Andrew and Fergi’s interest was money, money, money. ?

mercedez Fri 22-Jan-21 10:19:04

Our poor vicar has been pilloried by the Parish Council as he decided to keep the Church open, he has been in tears. So much for kindness. No one makes you go to Church do they so just stay away. I said to the Vicar surely the one constant thing should be Churches are open for everyone (of course with all the appropriate Covid measures) even if you want to go in there and shout, The Vicar said there has been a lot of shouting.

mercedez Fri 22-Jan-21 10:22:26

How come Justin Welby has had a lot more to say about Brexit than Covid and why hasn’t he volunteered to help the NHS in any way even if it’s just sorting out parking at a vaccination hub. Is he a fair weather Archbishop of Canterbury?

timetogo2016 Fri 22-Jan-21 10:25:42

Prince Andrew will never goto the USA and stand accountable,he`s too up himself.
And respect is earned,i haven`t any for him regardless of the fact he`s a royal.
He`s a pompous fool imo.

sodapop Fri 22-Jan-21 13:09:27

Why has this thread been resurrected with a totally inappropriate post mercedez

nanna8 Sun 24-Jan-21 12:29:11

Isn’t there an old saying that if you lie down with dogs, you get fleas? I suspect he had similar views to that dead pervert so he certainly won’t be going in front of any court. If he was innocent the queen would not have removed him from his royal duties.Male royals throughout history have been an immoral bunch, what’s new ?

Anniebach Sun 24-Jan-21 13:07:00

What has Justin Welby to do with Prince Andrew and the Moral Law

nanna8 Sun 24-Jan-21 22:25:18

Who is Justin Welby ? Never heard of him.

Esspee Sun 24-Jan-21 22:56:01

Clearly mercedez has accidentally wandered onto the wrong thread.
nana8 please tell us you’re joking.

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 23:03:50

Ilovecheese

It is the institution that he represents
If we are supposed to respect a person because of the family that they are born into then any members conduct is a reflection of the whole institution.

My great-great-great-great grandfather went to prison for six months for receiving part of a stolen sheep. I must be a thoroughly bad lot.
Sometimes I wish he's been transported to Australia.

Callistemon Sun 24-Jan-21 23:08:07

nanna8

Who is Justin Welby ? Never heard of him.

He's our Archbishop of Canterbury, nanna8 your Archbishop Geoffrey Smith's boss.

welbeck Mon 25-Jan-21 00:39:13

i don't think he's his boss. he is not like a pope.
he is only boss within the church of england.
in so far as he is that even.
HM is supreme governor, and fidei defensor, a title given by the pope to henry 8; so it's quite complicated.
but we've come round to royalty again!

nanna8 Mon 25-Jan-21 00:51:40

I’m a Presbyterian so not up with Anglicans. I was thinking he must be a politician but then maybe he is both ?

Grany Mon 25-Jan-21 09:50:43

Prince Andrew Labeled 'Pig' Over Epstein by Woman His Staff Asked for Help

www.newsweek.com/prince-andrew-labeled-pig-jeffrey-epstein-molly-skye-brown-staff-asked-help-1563262?amp=1&__twitter_impression=true

Lin52 Thu 24-Jun-21 21:17:40

I’d like to know why, when his Lawyers have said he would cooperate, the FBI haven’t been to the UK to interview him. Police went to US to interview the woman who killed that young man after driving on the wrong side of the road. No methinks there is more to this, and the FBI want a trophy, more than the truth.