Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Prayers please.

(47 Posts)
Billybob4491 Wed 25-Mar-20 10:58:25

At the beginning of March my dear husband of 55 years died. His funeral is next week, sadly at the moment only 3 family members can attend. Please pray for my family, it is such a difficult time. Thankyou.

Anniebach Wed 25-Mar-20 11:18:53

You and your family are now in my prayers x

wildswan16 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:23:31

I will remember you and your family in my prayers. flowers

moggie57 Wed 25-Mar-20 11:28:01

may the lord surround you with healing hands for you and your family. may you find peace in these troubled times.celebrate his life and not his passing to heaven. tough i know .but he had a long and happy life and thats how you should remember him. i wish you well and have faith to get you through this.

Fennel Wed 25-Mar-20 11:38:09

Billybob I'll pray for you all too, so sorry to hear about the sadness in your family.
I heard from a close friend on Sunday that her dear husband of 60 years had passed away on Friday and the funeral is being delayed.
As your husband's seems to be - making the stress even worse.
I wonder if it's due to the current health situation.

Billybob4491 Wed 25-Mar-20 14:13:01

Thank you all for your very kind messages which mean a lot to me. I have lost my soulmate and best friend but know that he is safely in the arms of Jesus.

fourormore Wed 25-Mar-20 22:10:05

Billybob my heart goes out to you and you are in my thoughts and prayers. flowersflowers
A dear friend of mine lost her Mum earlier this month and can't have the religious funeral that she, her Mum and all the family would have wanted.
We all understand the reasons, but it is still so hard for those of us left behind.
Lean on your faith. As you say he is safe in the arms of Jesus, so put yourself and your family in those same arms and our dear Lord will comfort you.
This virus is costing us all in so many different ways and sadly, the funerals that are having to be restricted can never be replaced.
Try and have a thanksgiving service for your dear husband when all this nightmare is over. It won't be the same but I'm sure you will be comforted by it.
God bless you and your family and may your dear husband rest in peace xxx

morethan2 Wed 25-Mar-20 22:14:18

God bless and my I’ll hold you and your family in my heart.

brook2704 Wed 25-Mar-20 22:15:01

So sorry Billybob4491 ?

Doodle Wed 25-Mar-20 22:17:18

billybob I am so sorry for your loss. Such a difficult time for a funeral when contact is so restricted it just adds an extra burden to your suffering. I hope in time you can look back on happy memories. Thinking of you and your family at this time and will pray for you all to have strength to get through the coming days.flowers

gillybob Wed 25-Mar-20 22:24:17

I don’t do religion billybob but I always think about my family, those I love and those I care about just before I settle for the night. I will hold you and your DH in my thoughts tonight. X

Luckygirl Wed 25-Mar-20 22:30:17

I will be thinking of you all - such a hard time for you.

SueDonim Wed 25-Mar-20 23:10:01

I’m so sorry. flowers

Callistemon Wed 25-Mar-20 23:39:49

billybob
Sending you condolences and may you find strength in the coming days and months.
flowers

Smileless2012 Thu 26-Mar-20 11:36:35

My sincere condolences for your loss Billybob and will pray for you and your loved ones at this difficult timeflowers

Nonnie Thu 26-Mar-20 12:05:21

Of course I will. Our friends buried their daughter on Monday and only close family were allowed but they knew they had so much support in spirit.

When my sister died 12 years ago the funeral director arranged for the service to be live streamed, could yours do that? flowers

Billybob4491 Thu 26-Mar-20 13:44:16

Thank you all so much, it has helped to share this with everyone, tomorrow would have marked our 55th wedding anniversary, how blessed I have been,

Lavazza1st Thu 26-Mar-20 13:50:27

So sorry for your loss Billybob flowers

3nanny6 Thu 26-Mar-20 14:23:23

Billybob4491 my sympathy goes out to you at this sad time.
Thinking of you for next week when you have the funeral.
I have been praying all week for my community and also all people in every country, you will be specially added in tonights prayers and my morning ones. The help of God is all we have at this time and as many may have no belief at this time just try to say a small prayer it will help the world. Blessings to all.

Evoha16 Thu 26-Mar-20 14:39:39

In my prayers flowers

SilverDarlings12 Thu 26-Mar-20 16:05:02

Praying for you and yours Billybob 4491 ++

fourormore Fri 27-Mar-20 10:39:59

Dear Billybob,
Prayers will continue for you all especially on this special day.
God bless flowersflowersflowers

Billybob4491 Tue 31-Mar-20 16:46:15

My husband's funeral took place yesterday. Three in attendance, my adult children and myself. Thank you all for your prayers and good wishes. He is now safely in the arms of Jesus, such is the power of prayer. Early days I know but I am trying to think positive.

Anniebach Tue 31-Mar-20 17:08:20

It is early days Billybob hold onto your beliefs x

Billybob4491 Wed 01-Apr-20 16:50:39

Thank you Anniebach, I have often read your posts and although we have never "spoken" I felt very sad when I read about your daughter.