Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

Faeries and Nature Elementals

(155 Posts)
kgb1987 Thu 10-Dec-20 11:35:17

Has anyone had met or seen a Faery? By these, I really meant those that Rudolph Steiner would have called an Elemental?

janeainsworth Sat 16-Jan-21 13:57:14

Yes it is Lucca, like apologising to someone because they have barged into you grin

V3ra Sat 16-Jan-21 14:35:07

Not fairies as such, but....

My Mum died peacefully at home after living for several years with Alzheimer's.
The following week my sister and Dad went to register her death.

That day I was at home (miles away) and was scraping the moss and weeds on our block paving.
A butterfly landed and sat nearby with its wings folded.
As I continued scraping, it was in my way so I picked it up and moved it. It sat still again while I carried on scraping.
This intrigued me. I moved round and put my hand flat on the drive. The butterfly sat still.
I took my rubber glove off and put my hand flat on the drive again. The butterfly walked across, walked up onto the back of my hand, and sat there.
I watched, I looked away, it vanished. I was conscious of a warm feeling. It was at the time of my sister and Dad's appointment at the registrar's office.

I googled "butterflies" and they are said to be a sign of the soul departing to a happy place.
I found this very comforting and even now if I see a butterfly in the garden I smile and say "Hello Mum."
I've also found it a nice way to explain death to my little granddaughter: that great grandma was old, and very poorly, and has died and gone to be a butterfly.

My sister is completely cynical about it and to be honest, if anyone else had told me the story, I think I would be too.
But I was there, and it happened ?

Stormystar Sat 16-Jan-21 15:19:26

what a gift V the butterfly is an archetypal symbol of transformation, transmutation, and magic in world mythology and religion.

MayBee70 Sat 16-Jan-21 15:21:01

That’s lovely V3ra