Gransnet forums

Religion/spirituality

American Evangelical Christians

(110 Posts)
biba70 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:24:18

Sorry, but there is something truly disturbing about so many of those alt right wing American Evangelical Christians. And yes, a question I often ask myself varian.

NannyC2- I won't even begin to reply to your question. The evidence is so abundant it would take pages and pages.

nanna8 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:21:45

I don’t think any variety of Christianity should be judged by Trump though. He claimed Christian beliefs because he wanted their vote. Very cynical. Very nasty.

BigBertha1 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:19:37

Plenty of wars fought in the name of religion of all persuasions.

Granarchist Thu 21-Jan-21 12:18:42

I think NannyC2 that boasting about grabbing women by the pussy and making fun of a disabled man in the Oval Office is proof enough for me of his immorality - add to that dreadful remarks about decorated Vietnam veterans (when he avoided the draft by complaining of bone spurs) etc etc.

25Avalon Thu 21-Jan-21 12:18:11

Interestingly enough it was the Republicans who upheld the rights of African Americans after the Civil War and the Democrats who denied them rights. I am thinking of Wilmington where the Democrats violently threw out the elected governor of the Fusion party which combined the interests of blacks and whites and installed their own governor, denying many black people the right to vote and segregating black and white people.

I don’t have the link but I think it was a BBC article. If you google it then it is interesting reading. It is history that was hidden but now being revealed. No one is as pure as we might be lead to think.

Whitewavemark2 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:08:25

varian

Why are so many white American evangelical Christians so right wing? I have never understood their enthusiasm for God and Guns and their support for the thoroughly immoral Trump.

Cognitive dissonance

Whitewavemark2 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:07:31

NannyC2

How do you know Trump is immoral varian? Can you please give me evidence?

One word - Epstein and I can give you plenty more.

How about Pussy?

NannyC2 Thu 21-Jan-21 12:05:59

How do you know Trump is immoral varian? Can you please give me evidence?

varian Thu 21-Jan-21 11:45:45

Here is the view of a member of that community who, in spite of being a lifelong Republican, could not bring himself to vote for Trump, but knows many still follow him blindly.

www.kansascity.com/news/local/community/joco-913/joco-opinion/article248426325.html

varian Thu 21-Jan-21 10:40:04

Why are so many white American evangelical Christians so right wing? I have never understood their enthusiasm for God and Guns and their support for the thoroughly immoral Trump.